Send us a suggestion!

Zion Canyoneering - "Last Minute Drawing" notes

Discussion in 'Archives - Yahoo Canyons Group' started by hank moon, Jun 7, 2012.

1. hank moon

hank moon Guest

Hi y'all

Having used the Last Minute Drawing (LMD) system a few times now, I've run into a couple of issues:

1 - You may only apply for the LMD after ALL online reservations have been taken. In my case, the goal was to enter the drawing for Behunin for two people, but because there was one (1) reservation still open, the LMD was closed for that resource. If I really, really, really had wanted to do Behunin, I could have taken that last reservation, thus enabling the LMD for the second person, fingers crossed to win. This would have cost $5 for the reservation, $5 for the LMD entry, and $10 for the permit itself (if we had won the lottery), for a total of $20 and extra red tape for two people to do Behunin.

2 - The park charges $5 for the LMD, and they also charge $5 for online reservations. Shouldn't the LMD fee be less than that or (ideally) zero?

I recently heard from a park "insider" that they are working on resolving these issues. The goal is to fix issue #1 and eventually have the $5 LMD fee deducted from the permit cost. Looking forward to that.

FYI

hank