Send us a suggestion!

Wind and dust storms

Discussion in 'Archives - Yahoo Canyons Group' started by scott patterson, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Is it just me or is this the windiest year in recent memory?   

2. phil

phil Guest

I have never experienced anything like it but I wasn't in Utah until 2003. To rip an idea from William Least Heat-Moon, who rated diners by the number of calanders on their walls.....this has been a 3 trash can year and we haven't even hit the monsoon yet.

I hope the winds eventually bring some rain to SW Utah. We already lost 2 people in a wildfire down here, don't need that list to grow.

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, scott patterson <kesscokim@...> wrote:
    Is it just me or is this the windiest year in recent memory?   
    >
  3. phil

phil Guest

oops...meant to explain the trash can caveat.....3 trash cans lost or found more than a 100 yards aways from our house

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "phil" <Happyfeet00@...> wrote:
    I have never experienced anything like it but I wasn't in Utah until 2003. To rip an idea from William Least Heat-Moon, who rated diners by the number of calanders on their walls.....this has been a 3 trash can year and we haven't even hit the monsoon yet.
    I hope the winds eventually bring some rain to SW Utah. We already lost 2 people in a wildfire down here, don't need that list to grow.
    --- In Yahoo Canyons Group, scott patterson <kesscokim@> wrote:

>
  4. RAM

RAM Guest

Sometimes you get lucky. Last year I had countless "Wind Events" especially on the Glen. This year? Not many. Seemed like i was home reading about the wind every month. So for me, last year was worse. ;-)

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "phil" <Happyfeet00@...> wrote:
    --- In Yahoo Canyons Group, scott patterson <kesscokim@> wrote:

>