Send us a suggestion!

AZ: Mogollon Rim Wilson Mt. Canyon, Sedona

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by pyle762, Mar 20, 2017.

1. pyle762

pyle762

My canyoneering crew and I (me and my 3 teenage daughters) had a few days off for spring break so we did some fishing, hit up Flagstaff Extreme (a ropes adventure course up in the tops of the pine trees; everyone finished the course including the black diamond course) and topped the trip off with a fun canyon up in the beautiful red rocks of Sedona.

My 17 year daughter does great in canyons, but my 14 and 13 year are still a little on the young side so we try to hit up the "easier" canyons in their skill level. Wilson Mt Canyon is one of these canyons. It never turns into a slot canyon but does have some great rappels and scenery. There are 5 drops ranging from 40 to 135 feet with a couple of tricky spots thrown in to make it fun. Everyone did awesome, especially my 17 year old who always takes lead to belay the younger girls down and does a great job as "guide" when the younger girls on rope.

And of course the photos:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Jolly Green

Jolly Green

@Chris Grove recommended this canyon a year ago but one of our crew hurt his ankle so we didn't make it. Great to see your pictures. Looks very scenic.
    Wes1 likes this.