Send us a suggestion!

Who carries first aid kit ? WAS: somthing else

Discussion in 'Archives - Yahoo Canyons Group' started by rcwildone, Mar 27, 2002.

1. rcwildone

rcwildone Guest

> Rich, I thought you were smarter then that :), I always let somebody else carry the 1st aid kit ! >

Koen,

I'm at least half as smart as I look! I let others carry the heavy stuff, like the rope. I keep the first aid kit close to me in case I break an ankle or something.

Rich
  2. kv5476

kv5476 Guest

--- In canyons@y..., "rcwildone" <rcwild@w...> wrote:
    Rich, I thought you were smarter then that :), I always let > somebody else carry the 1st aid kit !

Koen,
    I'm at least half as smart as I look! I let others carry the heavy > stuff, like the rope. I keep the first aid kit close to me in case I > break an ankle or something.
    Rich

Hmm, when I broke my leg after a slide the guys I was with didn't believe me !! I had to lift it out of the water (twisted quite spectacularly) to convince them I wasn't joking :). I spent a minute or so floating around and contemplating my misery before they could come to my rescue with the 1st aid kit. Morality: if you're planning to get hurt, it's even better not to have the 1st aid kit with you - you might have broken it along with your body parts and chances are you won't be able to treat yourself anyways :)

My biggest fault was not to bring along a pretty nurse along with the kit, just ugly guys - but maybe that's a thread better suited for another discussion group ?

Koen
  3. Teuns Kok

Teuns Kok Guest

Koen

As long as the ugly guys were smart with the first aid and your leg, looks do'nt count! Remember, pretty nurses break hearts!

I believe the guide/leader and sweeper should BOTH carry a first aid kit.

Teuns Kok

>>> pocoloco@skynet.be 03/28/02 12:04PM >>> --- In canyons@y..., "rcwildone" <rcwild@w...> wrote:
    Rich, I thought you were smarter then that :), I always let > somebody else carry the 1st aid kit !

Koen,
    I'm at least half as smart as I look! I let others carry the heavy > stuff, like the rope. I keep the first aid kit close to me in case I > break an ankle or something.
    Rich

Hmm, when I broke my leg after a slide the guys I was with didn't believe me !! I had to lift it out of the water (twisted quite spectacularly) to convince them I wasn't joking :). I spent a minute or so floating around and contemplating my misery before they could come to my rescue with the 1st aid kit. Morality: if you're planning to get hurt, it's even better not to have the 1st aid kit with you - you might have broken it along with your body parts and chances are you won't be able to treat yourself anyways :)

My biggest fault was not to bring along a pretty nurse along with the kit, just ugly guys - but maybe that's a thread better suited for another discussion group ?

Koen

To change your options, go to the Canyons Egroup page on yahoo: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/canyons/

This will require logging into Yahoo. Click on the "Edit My Membership" link, and change your delivery option. Press "Save Changes".

WEB ONLY OPTION will not deliver email; you must visit the web site to view messages.

Your use of Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

----------

Confidentiality Note

ALL VIEWS OR OPINIONS EXPRESSED HEREIN ARE MY PERSONAL VIEWS ONLY AND IN NO WAY REFLECT THOSE OF MY ORGANISATION, UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED.

The information in this message may be confidential or privileged and is for the use of the named recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone. If you receive this message in error, please notify me immediately
  4. kv5476

kv5476 Guest

--- In canyons@y..., "Teuns Kok" <Teuns.Kok@c...> wrote: > Koen
    As long as the ugly guys were smart with the first aid and your leg, looks do'nt count! Remember, pretty nurses break hearts!
    I believe the guide/leader and sweeper should BOTH carry a first aid kit.
    Teuns Kok

Isn't that a bit overkill ? The only thing in a canyon environment 1st aid kit that's really "that" urgent is a breathing mask - you can go without but I'd prefer not receiving a mouthfull of bile or other nasty stuff from an ungrateful patient - and now we're back on the pretty nurses track...:)

Who has any really fancy stuff in his 1st aid kit ?

Koen
  5. beadysee

beadysee Guest

--- In canyons@y..., "rcwildone" <rcwild@w...> wrote:

Koen,
    Rich

My first aid kit is duct tape, ibuprofin and a spare pair of contact lenses. Only time I've had to pull it out in the last couple of years was when an idiot jumped into a plunge pool and lost his glasses...

Brian in SLC
  6. kv5476

kv5476 Guest

> My first aid kit is duct tape, ibuprofin and a spare pair of contact > lenses. Only time I've had to pull it out in the last couple of > years was when an idiot jumped into a plunge pool and lost his > glasses...
    Brian in SLC

I always have a scuba mask with me, had to dive a couple of times to retrieve glasses or a dropped 8. Funny thing happened a few years ago: we were "playing around" a bit - blocking the water as much as possible just before a rappel, and releasing it just before the "rappellee" passed this overhang... very funny :) After a while I had gotten the hang of it and the last man down (before me) really got treated to a mayor shower. When I arrived down a bit later he was still collecting his senses and I noticed a contact lens clinging to his cheeck !! At the briefing he hadn't told me anything so just to make sure I asked the guy if he wore lenses... yes ? DON'T MOVE !!!

Koen