Send us a suggestion!

What Guides Do

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ratagonia, Jun 4, 2018.

1. ratagonia

ratagonia

Being a guide, a good guide at least, comes with a sense of responsibility not only for the people under your (paid) care, but for others in the environment, and the environment itself.

This happened last week in Escalante. Can't tell you who it is, but his initials are Rick Green.

"Young Woman and two dogs “stuck" at Fence. 8yr old Pepper and 10 yr old Sophia(?) Dogs feet/pads toast. Got there at 8;30pm, woman is not there! I took my Fence B line and missed her. Dogs with group of canyoneers camped at Fence. I hike out. Hiking up in the dark with two injured dogs do a positive feeling, so I leave pooches. Car 10pm. Arrive 6:45am trailhead, see canyoneers exiting, left dogs in shade. Arrive to dogs 7:30. Feed and prep dogs, duct tape dog-boots. Ruff start, but we got moving up the switchbacks. Sharp rock and tender toes but they did it.. Ran into Parents of woman who owns dog, half way back. Spent 3 hrs coaching dogs and Parents back to car. Great adventure, dogs were sweet and quite appreciative."

Awesome!
  2. Bootboy

Bootboy Atwood Gear

Not surprising from a guy like Rick.
  3. Mike Zampino

Mike Zampino Canyon season never ends.

Last week at the Alcatraz TH, some guys told us they took their dog through last year. They thought the dog could just walk along the bottom. :facepalm: