Send us a suggestion!

Wayne County Rescue Fees

Discussion in 'Archives - Yahoo Canyons Group' started by davewyo1, May 10, 2011.

1. davewyo1

davewyo1 Guest

The Wayne County Sheriff asked Penny and I to spread the word that fees for rescues have been instituted in Wayne County, Utah. The base fee for a "call out" has been established at $500, with extras added according to the resources needed (ie. helicopters, etc.).

He explained that Wayne County's tax base does not provide for the increase in Search and Rescue costs which are being experienced lately(since 127 Hrs.), and that individual SAR volunteers have expended all the personal funds they can.

In previous conversations with SAR volunteers, Penny and I are under the impression that three rescue/search incidents were carried out earlier this year, and that those efforts consumed the budget which had been put aside for such operations.

Dave
  2. That's still cheaper than a weekend in Cabo. Maybe I can pay them in advance and just go try to get in over my head (not hard for me).

Thanks for the heads up Dave.

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "davewyo1" <davewyo1@...> wrote:
    The Wayne County Sheriff asked Penny and I to spread the word that fees for rescues have been instituted in Wayne County, Utah. > The base fee for a "call out" has been established at $500, with extras added according to the resources needed (ie. helicopters, etc.).
    He explained that Wayne County's tax base does not provide for the increase in Search and Rescue costs which are being experienced lately(since 127 Hrs.), and that individual SAR volunteers have expended all the personal funds they can.
    In previous conversations with SAR volunteers, Penny and I are under the impression that three rescue/search incidents were carried out earlier this year, and that those efforts consumed the budget which had been put aside for such operations.
    Dave >