Send us a suggestion!

Was..Kahlua brownies....now is "An excellent rule of thumb"

Discussion in 'Archives - Yahoo Canyons Group' started by RAM, Jan 11, 2012.

1. RAM

RAM Guest

My group does this and I recommend it...The rule is....before the next to last car drives off, make the last car start their engine. Not sure who was with you and whether you and they have that rule, but it is a good one for everyone. This was an inconvenience, by a ranger station. In the Utah desert, this could create a much more serious situation. You were missed. Next time. Ram

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "aj.outdoors" <ajmail2011@...> wrote:
    I disagree with your "gang's all here" comment on the Black Hole. Two of the gang were enjoying the wonderful views of the Hite parking lot... ;)

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "RAM" <adkramoo@> wrote:

Yummy! Thanks to Alicia for baking them up and Tom for bringing them down. One of FreezeFest's oldest traditions. I wonder....AJ, did you miss them again? Another FF tradition? LOL!
    >
  2. aj.outdoors

aj.outdoors Guest

Yep, I've already kicked myself many times for not having done this. Oh well, like you said, it was an inconvenience in the end. We were quite safe, and I know you guys would have found us after the Hole (or maybe after you went back to camp if we still weren't there.) No danger, just disappointment...

It's a good rule, and we should all add it to our checklist... ;)

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "RAM" <adkramoo@...> wrote:
    My group does this and I recommend it...The rule is....before the next to last car drives off, make the last car start their engine. Not sure who was with you and whether you and they have that rule, but it is a good one for everyone. This was an inconvenience, by a ranger station. In the Utah desert, this could create a much more serious situation. You were missed. Next time. > Ram
    --- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "aj.outdoors" <ajmail2011@> wrote:

I disagree with your "gang's all here" comment on the Black Hole. Two of the gang were enjoying the wonderful views of the Hite parking lot... ;)

Yummy! Thanks to Alicia for baking them up and Tom for bringing them down. One of FreezeFest's oldest traditions. I wonder....AJ, did you miss them again? Another FF tradition? LOL!
  3. RAM

RAM Guest

You had expressed concerns about your dry suit fit and it was assumed you were without the thermal coverage you needed and chose not to go. I DID drive to our staging spot that AM, after the canyon, just to make sure you were mobile again. Ram

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "aj.outdoors" <ajmail2011@...> wrote:
    Yep, I've already kicked myself many times for not having done this. Oh well, like you said, it was an inconvenience in the end. We were quite safe, and I know you guys would have found us after the Hole (or maybe after you went back to camp if we still weren't there.) No danger, just disappointment...
    > --- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "RAM" <adkramoo@> wrote:

My group does this and I recommend it...The rule is....before the next to last car drives off, make the last car start their engine. Not sure who was with you and whether you and they have that rule, but it is a good one for everyone. This was an inconvenience, by a ranger station. In the Utah desert, this could create a much more serious situation. You were missed. Next time.
    Ram

4. aj.outdoors

aj.outdoors Guest

Nah, I had my wetsuit as a backup anyway; but both Jen and I were in our drysuits for about two hours; hoping someone would show and that maybe we could still go and catch up. After 2 hours, we contemplated just hiking down to the lake and taking a swim for the heck of it; but we didn't want to miss any possible visitor, so we just changed out and started to triage about what to do... No worries. Just wait until next year... ;)

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "RAM" <adkramoo@...> wrote:
    You had expressed concerns about your dry suit fit and it was assumed you were without the thermal coverage you needed and chose not to go. I DID drive to our staging spot that AM, after the canyon, just to make sure you were mobile again. > Ram

My group does this and I recommend it...The rule is....before the next to last car drives off, make the last car start their engine. Not sure who was with you and whether you and they have that rule, but it is a good one for everyone. This was an inconvenience, by a ranger station. In the Utah desert, this could create a much more serious situation. You were missed. Next time.
    > Ram

>