Send us a suggestion!

Was: Hiker Injured in Fall, Now: European view

Discussion in 'Archives - Yahoo Canyons Group' started by tom, May 2, 2007.

1. tom

tom Guest

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "hesse15" <cristina.filippo@...> wrote: > and he stress about safety
    I think in Europe we are more looking the fun the sport and the ego- physical-challange-driven there are just a minority and usually are considered "piteous".

If I understand the translation, (he) separates fun and the challenge? I agree with abhorring the ego, but to me, the challenge is part of the fun!

-tom (w)
  2. hank moon

hank moon Guest

Hey Sardini Bikini! Lumping "ego" with "physical challenge" - how so? Most folks I know doing X and R canyons are attracted by the mental/physical challenge. Ego with some of them for sure, but mostly the betamasters. If you're really curious about motivations, you should ask Ryan! :)

Anyway, European "Canyoning" is fundamentally different from CP "Canyoneering" The Euro limestone waterparks ARE just a barrel of fun - that's why I go there!

hank

> I think in Europe we are more looking the fun the sport and the ego- > physical-challange-driven there are just a minority and usually are > considered "piteous".
    If I understand the translation, (he) separates fun and the challenge? > I agree with abhorring the ego, but to me, the challenge is part of > the fun!
    -tom (w)