Send us a suggestion!

FS Very lightly used CRITR

Discussion in 'Buy and Sell' started by Tom Collins, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Tom Collins

Tom Collins

Only used in two canyons, I just couldn't seem to get a good friction setting with this device, it was either way too much or not enough, no matter what initial setting I used and combination of horns wrapped around. Since its seen so little action I'd like to get 30$ for it.
  2. Canyonbug

Canyonbug Outdoor Junkie!

I'll take it!!
    Rapterman likes this.
  3. hank moon

hank moon kinetically bulbous

Tom, it takes a little breaking in, esp. those square edges. Once it gets grooved, you're happy. Unless you weigh a lot less than your photo would seem to indicate...
    Rapterman and Canyonbug like this.
  4. Tom Collins

Tom Collins

I think I'll stick with the pirana, its always worked well for me even right out of the store, and the critr is bulkier making it more a problem on some of the awkward starts. It was much easier to add friction on the fly though. Thing is I know the pirana well enough that the only time I need to add friction is on 200'+ rappels and then I just make sure I clip the rope into a leg biner before I start and when I need it I lift the rope and bam extra friction. If I get tired of holding the rope up I throw it over the horn which is now easy due to the leg biner and I hardly move at all and can rest. I love the idea behind the critr and I'm sure its great for a lot of people, however I prefer whats always worked for me and works right out of the bag.
    Cameron, Rapterman and Canyonbug like this.
  5. Rapterman

Rapterman

Thanks to all for comments on the CRITR.
    Our original CRITR stock of 1000 units is now sold out (some stores besides canyonwerks may still have some stock).
    We have made some improvements to the design (lower initial friction setting, increased radius edges, larger opening above the arms)
    which helps the CRITR work better for stiffer, larger diameter ropes/ smaller people and kids.
    Happily these changes have also increased the "sweet- spots" on all the friction settings and caused the CRITR to run smoother
    without a "break in" period.
    Machining now and ready in about 3-4 weeks:D
    Best,
    Todd and Desi
    Dave Melton, darhawk and hank moon like this.
  6. hank moon

hank moon kinetically bulbous

Todd, looking forward to checking out CRITR 2.0 (or is it CRITR 1.14 ?)
    Chad, Dave Melton and Rapterman like this.