Send us a suggestion!

Utah Canyons Sept 18-21st?

Discussion in 'Meet Up' started by MeiDayMeiDay, Sep 13, 2019 at 6:15 PM.

1. MeiDayMeiDay

MeiDayMeiDay

This may be a long shot but would anyone be interested in going and doing some canyons during the above days? I have a preference for the weekdays, but am stoked to do weekends too!

I'm new to canyoneering but I have 4 years of rock climbing experience so I'm used to do safe anchor building and rope handling. I've been wanting to try canyoneering for a while now so I hope some kind soul might be open to paying it forward and bringing along a newbie.
  2. Scott Patterson

Scott Patterson

I could do weekends.
    MeiDayMeiDay likes this.
  3. MeiDayMeiDay

MeiDayMeiDay

DMed :)
  4. VBlueV

VBlueV

The ZION Rendezvous is happening during those dates.. based at ZION Ponderosa Ranch/Campground.
    They have instructors.. but you could join a willing group/or sign up for posted canyon trip.
    MeiDayMeiDay likes this.
  5. MeiDayMeiDay

MeiDayMeiDay

I was considering going to that. Have you been? It's $499 so I was wondering if it was worth it since that much money could get me started with a lot of the gear that I'll want to get.
  6. VBlueV

VBlueV

Your posted price is for the Fully Guided Option.

The Standard Option (without formal instruction) is half that. And you can just sign up on the board for canyons with various group leaders who would, most likely, be more than willing to "take you under their wing" if you just ask.

EDIT: I'm leading a canyon Thursday morning. If there's still a spot open on the permit, you're welcome to join. (Bring a wetsuit. Overnight temps in the 40-50s and will cold-soak the water to those same temps)
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2019 at 3:32 PM
    MeiDayMeiDay and ratagonia like this.