Send us a suggestion!

Trouble with muscle cramps while hiking?

Discussion in 'Archives - Yahoo Canyons Group' started by utswell, Aug 11, 2010.

1. utswell

utswell Guest

2. Omg, this is great. I have been laughed off summits and impatiently waited for on hot days while I've consumed my "dose" of pickles and pickle juice. Over the years I've made a few converts though when my fellow adventurers see how immediate the relief can be.

Seriously, anecdotal evidence has it that a pickle a day keeps the cramps away. Has much more potassium than bananas...

Mt Olive has come out with a pickle pack, a little six pack of tiny dill pickles in small containers with juice that are perfect for your pack. I find these on the pickle shelves at some of the local Albertson's. BTW, dill works better than sweet. The other kind I use is the "Big Papa" which is available at the market in Hurricane and many other deli departments. It's a big pickle packed in it's own bag of lots of juice and perfect for sharing. I share the pickle and bogart the juice (pickle blood) for myself. :)

Power to the Pickle!

:)

Lori C

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "utswell" <utswell@...> wrote:
    FWIW, I am posting a link to an article about how pickle juice helps to prevent and relieve muscle cramps. I used to have trouble some times hiking in hot weather. It was often on the drive home where the leg and foot cramps were the worst, making it hard to drive.
    I heard about pickle juice a few years ago. Eating pickles and/or drinking a little juice helps, I think for me anyway.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700055636/Pickle-juice-doesnt-cramp-BYU-football-players-style.html
  3. This sounds great! Coming out of Icebox a few days ago I started cramping real bad in thighs.Never happened to me before. Lasted all through the night unless I had my legs straight out. Agony! Will definitely try the "Dill Pill"! Amazing the simple remedies out there. A few years ago, my wife found out about GINGER capsules for motion sickness and it was the "miracle cure". She has no problem while a passenger in a car anymore on windy roads..............

________________________________ From: onehappyone2003 onehappyone2003@yahoo.com> To: Yahoo Canyons Group Sent: Thu, August 12, 2010 5:37:16 AM Subject: [from Canyons Group] Re: Trouble with muscle cramps while hiking?

Omg, this is great. I have been laughed off summits and impatiently waited for on hot days while I've consumed my "dose" of pickles and pickle juice. Over the years I've made a few converts though when my fellow adventurers see how immediate the relief can be.

Seriously, anecdotal evidence has it that a pickle a day keeps the cramps away. Has much more potassium than bananas...

Mt Olive has come out with a pickle pack, a little six pack of tiny dill pickles in small containers with juice that are perfect for your pack. I find these on the pickle shelves at some of the local Albertson's. BTW, dill works better than sweet. The other kind I use is the "Big Papa" which is available at the market in Hurricane and many other deli departments. It's a big pickle packed in it's own bag of lots of juice and perfect for sharing. I share the pickle and bogart the juice (pickle blood) for myself. :)

Power to the Pickle!

:)

Lori C

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "utswell" <utswell@...> wrote:
    FWIW, I am posting a link to an article about how pickle juice helps to prevent >and relieve muscle cramps. I used to have trouble some times hiking in hot >weather. It was often on the drive home where the leg and foot cramps were the >worst, making it hard to drive.
    I heard about pickle juice a few years ago. Eating pickles and/or drinking a >little juice helps, I think for me anyway.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700055636/Pickle-juice-doesnt-cramp-BYU-football-players-style.html
    l >