Send us a suggestion!

Trip Reports on the Canyons Group

Discussion in 'Archives - Yahoo Canyons Group' started by Tom Jones, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Tom Jones

Tom Jones Guest

My 3pg trip report is done, but I am waiting approval from my team mates before publishing. How do you usually post reports to the forum? My TR is in Word 2007 (*.docx) format, and sometimes, people cannot read it. Should I attach to the email, or paste it into the email? What about imbedded photos? Might they be too large and clog up the inbox? Sorry, just haven't done this in years.

M. S.

Posting Trip Reports (with pictures)

I think your best bet is to spit it out as a pdf, and upload that to the files section; then announce it to the Group with a 'teaser' of the first two paragraphs, then a link to the pdf. Be sure to give a warning about the pdf file size.

If you need a pdfcreator, google up pdfcreator and try a free download. I use the SourceForge version, but their website seems to be down. These programs are a printer driver that spits out a pdf file. You just print to it from any other application, and voila!

Attachments to posts/emails are prohibited. They can come with viruses, and they get emailed to a LOT of people. For the same reason, excel, .doc, .docx and powerpoint files are not a good choice as they too can have viruses in them.

pdf - safe and convenient.

Tom