Send us a suggestion!

TR: Misery/Birch Hollow/Pine Creek

Discussion in 'Archives - Yahoo Canyons Group' started by John Styrnol, Jul 13, 2005.

1. John Styrnol

John Styrnol Guest

A friend and I headed down to Zion over the 4th of July weekend. First up was Misery, a very nice canyon with a little bit of water. I believe we only did 1-2 raps, everything else was downclimbed or handlined. The hike into Parunuweap was awesome, very senic and quiet, we had the whole place to ourselves spent over an hour having lunch and just relaxing. The hike out in close to 100 degree's was not fun at all, but we finally got out.

Next up was Birch Hollow, the approach was wet and muddy. The 75ft. overhang rap had a nice little waterfall going. There was a nice little flow thru out the canyon. Had lunch in Orderville before we would head out of Wild Wind Hollow. That exit sucks, a buch of bushwacking finally gets you to the road.

On the final day we did Pine Creek. Pine Creek had alot of water, probably the most I've ever seen. There's a nice hole before the last rappel now. I've heard there is another way over to it (last rap), not talking about the ledge with the almost crawl thru. There was alot of water at the spring, some parts knee deep.

All in all it was a great weekend. Weather is getting pretty hot in Zion.

http://community.webshots.com/album/393695686UjEClv

John