Send us a suggestion!

TR: Bluejohn Canyon (now Little Blue John)

Discussion in 'Archives - Yahoo Canyons Group' started by scott patterson, Apr 26, 2006.

1. One thing I find confusing is that Kelsey's and Shan's "Little Bluejohn" Canyons are completely different. Any reason or logic behind the fact that two different canyons in the same system have the same name? I find it confusing.

Blab-away for as little as 1¢/min. Make PC-to-Phone Calls using Messenger with Voice.

2. Ice

Ice Guest

I just looked at Kelsey's hand drawn map and see no mention of "Little Blue John". Where is his Little Blue?

I got the name of "Little Blue John" for the side door entrance from the guys who first gave me beta on the system. The side door entrance was known as Little Blue John long before Kelsey or I came along.

Shane Burrows Climb Utah - Canyoneering & Mountaineering http://Climb-Utah.com

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, scott patterson <kesscokim@...> wrote:
    > One thing I find confusing is that Kelsey's and Shan's "Little Bluejohn" Canyons are completely different. Any reason or logic behind the fact that two different canyons in the same system have the same name? I find it confusing.

> Blab-away for as little as 1¢/min. Make PC-to-Phone Calls using Messenger with Voice.
    >
  3. Stan McQueen

Stan McQueen Guest

I didn't realize there were two canyons with the same name? What canyon does Kelsey refer to as "Little Bluejohn"?

Stan ======================= Photography by Stan McQueen http://www.smcqueen.com

-----Original Message----- From: Yahoo Canyons Group [mailto:Yahoo Canyons Group]On Behalf Of scott patterson Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2006 10:19 AM To: Yahoo Canyons Group Subject: Re: [from Canyons Group] TR: Bluejohn Canyon (now Little Blue John)

One thing I find confusing is that Kelsey's and Shan's "Little Bluejohn" Canyons are completely different. Any reason or logic behind the fact that two different canyons in the same system have the same name? I find it confusing.
  4. If you look at the Bluejohn map in Kelseys boo, it is the eastern most fork of the system. See the map link below:

http://topozone.com/map.asp?z=12&n=4249281&e=564943&s=50&size=l&datum=nad83&layer=DRG25

It is a seperate canyon, so when ever someone ask about "Little Blue John" I am confused about which one they are talking about.

<<I got the name of "Little Blue John" for the side door entrance from the guys who first gave me beta on the system. The side door entrance was known as Little Blue John long before Kelsey or I came along.>> I am curious whom it was and when? Do they have another name for the eastern most fork?

Blab-away for as little as 1¢/min. Make PC-to-Phone Calls using Messenger with Voice.
  5. Ice

Ice Guest

I just read Kelsey's beta and I think Scott is smoking crack.... or he is referring to Kelsey's "Little East Fork".

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "Stan McQueen" <smcqueen@...> wrote:
    I didn't realize there were two canyons with the same name? What canyon does > Kelsey refer to as "Little Bluejohn"?
    Stan
  6. <<I just read Kelsey's beta and I think Scott is smoking crack.... or he is referring to Kelsey's "Little East Fork".>>

Oh sorry, you are right. Never mind. I was spewing stuff from memory. Kelsey does call it the Little East Fork in the book. Doh!

See what happens when I haven't done a canyon in over a week. Luckily, we have a nice one planned for this weekend. Can't wait.

How low will we go? Check out Messenger’s low PC-to-Phone call rates.