Send us a suggestion!

TR: 20081023 - UT, Halls Creek Canyons-Cricket Dog Baboon

Discussion in 'Archives - Yahoo Canyons Group' started by A.J., Feb 1, 2009.

1. A.J.

A.J. Guest

Hey there,

Still playing catch up with my photos. Here are some pictures and a trip report from the exciting grand finale canyoneering trip of the year to the Halls Creek area in October. You can now get to it from my website: http://www.adventure-geek.com - under the "Trips" link on the left hand side of the page.

If you are only interested in this trip, you can go there directly from this link: http://www.adventure-geek.com/Trips/2008/20081023.htm (However, the navigation of the site is designed to go from the main www.adventure-geek.com page.)

Enjoy! A.J.
  2. davewyo1

davewyo1 Guest

Hey AJ! Great pictures from the trip. Did you notice if there were any inscriptions around the cowboy cave? Dave

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "A.J." <aj@...> wrote:
    Hey there,
    Still playing catch up with my photos. Here are some pictures and a > trip report from the exciting grand finale canyoneering trip of the > year to the Halls Creek area in October. You can now get to it from my > website: http://www.adventure-geek.com - under the "Trips" link on the > left hand side of the page.
    If you are only interested in this trip, you can go there directly from > this link: > http://www.adventure-geek.com/Trips/2008/20081023.htm
    (However, the navigation of the site is designed to go from the main > www.adventure-geek.com page.)
    > Enjoy! > A.J. >
  3. A.J.

A.J. Guest

I'm sorry Dave, I didn't notice any. Can't really say I was looking for them though. I'll keep that in mind for this year's trip. Wanna go with and check for yourself? ;)

Glad you liked the pics.

Take care, A.J.

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "davewyo1" <davewyo1@...> wrote:
    Hey AJ! > Great pictures from the trip. > Did you notice if there were any inscriptions around the cowboy cave? > Dave
  4. davewyo1

davewyo1 Guest

May be so AJ. I certainly appreciate the invite. Please get in touch when that time rolls around. I'm not saying I'm going. That stuff looks pretty scary to me. Plus its a long way out there...sometimes, well most of the time, I get lazy... :) Dave

I'm sorry Dave, I didn't notice any. Can't really say I was looking > for them though. I'll keep that in mind for this year's trip. Wanna > go with and check for yourself? ;)
    Glad you liked the pics.
    Take care, > A.J.
    --- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "davewyo1" <davewyo1@> wrote:

Hey AJ!
    Great pictures from the trip.
    Did you notice if there were any inscriptions around the cowboy cave?
    Dave >
  5. A.J.

A.J. Guest

> May be so AJ. > I certainly appreciate the invite. > Please get in touch when that time rolls around. > I'm not saying I'm going.

I understand. If you are up for it, you are welcome. I know you have the skills.

> That stuff looks pretty scary to me.

Most of it is fine. That hook ladder on the other hand...

> Plus its a long way out there...sometimes, well most of the time, > I get lazy... > :) > Dave

I can appreciate that.

Later, A.J.

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "A.J." <aj@> wrote:

I'm sorry Dave, I didn't notice any. Can't really say I was looking
    for them though. I'll keep that in mind for this year's trip. Wanna
    go with and check for yourself? ;)

Glad you liked the pics.

Take care,
    A.J.

Hey AJ!
    > Great pictures from the trip.
    > Did you notice if there were any inscriptions around the cowboy > cave?
    > Dave
    >
  6. gbrandthart

gbrandthart Guest

A.J.

Where was the cowboy cave? One of those big alcoves/undercuts near the upper end of the narrows? Or further up like Fountain Tanks?

Brandt

I'm sorry Dave, I didn't notice any. Can't really say I was looking > for them though. I'll keep that in mind for this year's trip. Wanna > go with and check for yourself? ;)
    Glad you liked the pics.
    Take care, > A.J.

Hey AJ!
    Great pictures from the trip.
    Did you notice if there were any inscriptions around the cowboy cave?
    Dave >
  7. A.J.

A.J. Guest

It's about 3 miles in from the airstrip entrance. Before you hit Halls Creek Narrows...

> A.J.
    Where was the cowboy cave? One of those big alcoves/undercuts near the > upper end of the narrows? Or further up like Fountain Tanks?
    Brandt