Send us a suggestion!

UT: Robber's Roost The Main Fork of White Roost

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Austin Farnworth, May 26, 2019.

1. Austin Farnworth

Austin Farnworth

I made a quick run through the main fork of White Roost on Friday and was surprised by how much beauty the canyon packs in its short distance. It definitely more hiking than canyon, but would be a great combo day with nearby chambers canyon. Water is waist deep but my wife and I were able to stem over all of it. It had flooded in the last couple days so everything is brim full, I'd expect that a lot of the neighboring are full of water as well. There is only one mandatory rappel, though it looks like most rappel the two large downclimbs. The downclimbs were big, around 40 feet, and very fun. 11 year old Amanda even took on the 40 foot downclimb without an issue. This particular area of Robbers Roost that includes White Roost, little Bull, and Chambers have some of the darkest and most unique features around and is well worth a visit.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]