Send us a suggestion!

Tech~Very Obvious Subject Change~Practise,practise...

Discussion in 'Archives - Yahoo Canyons Group' started by davewyo1, Jul 7, 2007.

1. davewyo1

davewyo1 Guest

The rope is set out in the barn. People in Wyoming don't understand. Practise is EVERYTHING. Been workin' on... 1. Ascending. I would like to get good at this(so it's no big deal and I'm not avoiding it...). 2. Passing a knot while ascending. 3. Transitions;Ascending to descending(while passing a knot:),Descending to Ascending(and then passing a knot), Etc. 4. Passing a knot while rappelling. 5. Knots(which would be good to know). 6. Rigging a "Vodoo" system for tensioning a guided rappel. 7. Getting down a gear system that uses the least amount of "crap/stuff/gear" but has everything I need. 8. Becoming really proficient(and continuing to practise) with emergency and seldom-used tactics. 9. Thinking about possible mishaps when I'm leading "beginner" groups. 9a. This bugs me a lot. I've been doing things as if nothing routine could ever go wrong. I'll bet a lot of other people are doing the same. Now I'm thinking about a contingency on every drop in case of unforeseen difficulties. How would I deal with someones pack-strap stuck in a rappel device? Is that Fireman's belay tight? What if an Asteroid strikes? ;-)

What am I missing? What else should I be workin' on? D
  2. Well, I think there are still 3 flowers and 2 shrubs you can't identify and I haven't heard you interpret any Indian writings yet. ;) Actually, the practice has been wonderful. I am feeling more confident having practiced those seldom used manuvers and running through safety practices since Keith's death. Penny
  3. Oops. I think we better practice practicing 'pratice'. There is no 's'. Pen
  4. unless you're british or the like ...

On Jul 8, 2007, at 4:57 PM, Penny Martens wrote:

> Oops. I think we better practice practicing 'pratice'. There is no > 's'. > Pen

> When you post, please change the Subject appropriately, to make > reading and searching easier. You can use the following > abbreviations: TRIP = Trip Report; BETA = Canyon Beta; PARTNER = > Partner and/or Rides; ETHICS = Ethics; TECH = Technical Questions > and Tips; BIZ = E Group Business; SALE = Stuff for Sale. Please > use a Tilde ~ after the abbreviation, so we know you are coding for > us, such as:
    Subject: BIZ~ New Abbreviation List - working?
    To change your delivery options, go to the Canyons Egroup page on > yahoo: > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/canyons/
    > This will require logging into Yahoo. Click on the > "Edit My > Membership" link, and change your delivery option. > Press "Save > Changes".
    DAILY DIGEST OPTION will deliver one email > to you each day summarizing that day's messages.
    WEB ONLY OPTION will not deliver email; you > must visit the web site to view messages. > Groups Links
    >
  5. Tim Hoover

Tim Hoover Guest

Practice, practice, practice. You forgot the 'c'.

Tim

--- Penny Martens penmartens@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Oops. I think we better practice practicing > 'pratice'. There is no 's'. > Pen

__________________________________ Be a better Globetrotter. Get better travel answers from someone who knows. Answers - Check it out. http://answers.yahoo.com/dir/?link=list&sid=396545469
  6. Double oops. I apparently have more problems than I realized. Penny

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, Tim Hoover <frisbeedog02@...> wrote:
    Practice, practice, practice. You forgot the 'c'.
    Tim
    --- Penny Martens <penmartens@...> wrote:
    > Oops. I think we better practice practicing
    'pratice'. There is no 's'.
    Pen

> ____________________ ______________ > Be a better Globetrotter. Get better travel answers from someone who knows. Answers - Check it out. > http://answers.yahoo.com/dir/?link=list&sid=396545469