Send us a suggestion!

Suggestions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Moab Mark, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Moab Mark

Moab Mark

Headed down to North Wash for a couple of days and have one day we haven't decided what we want to do. I've never done Monoxide, Adobe swell, anything in the Butler area, or maidenwater. Don't really want to swim not going to be very warm anybody got a suggestion of any of those we should pick?
    Thanks Mark

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
  2. ratagonia

ratagonia

I was surprised this last weekend at how good a couple canyons were that I had not done in the last 10 years: Slideanide and Monkey Business. Both really good and, at least at the moment, completely dry (or close to it).

The corkscrew rappel in MB is a bit tricky, but maybe that is my Anchor-OCD kicking in. There is a problem-solving-challenge up here somewhere... 102-a.

You can also do Foolin Around without doing the last tight narrow section which also has the only swim. You can do Shenanigans and escape after the third section, up and left. An excellent canyon, even without the dramatic finishing section.

Hogs? Good stuff there, and no water.

Monoxide and Adobe Swale are lame. Maidenwater pretty lame.

Tom
    Austin Farnworth likes this.
  3. Amy K

Amy K

Slideanide is a fun one. Angel slot is another fun short one to add on. Did both a few weeks ago. Very dry

LRM_EXPORT_20171031_225708. LRM_EXPORT_20171101_203005. LRM_EXPORT_20171101_201335. LRM_EXPORT_20171102_104935. LRM_EXPORT_20171102_110402. LRM_EXPORT_20171102_110633. LRM_EXPORT_20171102_110857. LRM_EXPORT_20171102_120838. LRM_EXPORT_20171102_120956.
    Scott Patterson likes this.
  4. Moab Mark

Moab Mark

We've done all the poison spring ones we think they're really fun. Just not Adobe, monoxide We've also done most all of the Hogs. We are really interested in doing Shenanigans but we hear it's really really skinny and we don't like really really skinny. Are you saying we can get out before it gets really really skinny? Have never done Monkey Business. We have college kids coming down Saturday and we're going to do the leprechauns and up and down Blarney or Morocco and Hogwarts or a bunch of those combined we're just looking for something for Friday.

5. Moab Mark

Moab Mark

I just went and read Shane's beta it sounds like in Shenanigans you can get out for the really skinny section .Maybe we'll do that. Thanks

6. ratagonia

ratagonia

You mean, Shane, who has not been through the canyon? You might do better to read beta from someone who has done the canyon more than 10 times:

http://www.canyoneeringusa.com/utah/north-wash/shenanigans/

Yes, a fairly straightforward climb out... but there I go, doing a Shane. I have not actually done the climb out, but reliable sources have told me it is quite reasonable, unless it is raining or snowing. Did Monkey Business this past weekend with 2 beginners in tow. They got worked pretty good. About the same as Middle Fork Lep, so about that big. Kelsey exit or hike to the bottom.

No Kidding?

Tom
  7. Moab Mark

Moab Mark

Never done no kidding.

8. ratagonia

ratagonia

SandTrap canyon. Not to everyone's taste.

T