Send us a suggestion!

Other stateline canyon

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by wisconnyjohnny, Mar 10, 2020.

1. wisconnyjohnny

wisconnyjohnny

We descended all drops yesterday. Saw one other anchor in a precarious spot and didn't use. 4.5 hrs for us amateurs . Built two anchors and utilized nature for the rest. It was definitely a challenge for us!

2. Tirrus

Tirrus Rope rider.

at "1:38" are you using a toggle type device for that drop, or just pulling your rope around that hueco?
  3. wisconnyjohnny

wisconnyjohnny

Good eye. Just threaded the rope. I know bad etiquette. We used the rope as an assist for the chute we didn't think we could freely downclimb .
    I was getting bored and impatient and lazy which are not really good excuses.
  4. Scott Patterson

Scott Patterson

How was the canyon itself? Online reports/beta sites aren't too flattering.
  5. wisconnyjohnny

wisconnyjohnny

Yeah not too pretty. Shallow narrows. The last rap was a challenge having to stem high over a section then drop down where there was room to get on rope. So excellent practice at least. 3 good downclimbs thruout. I did it for the anchor challenge.
    And the novelty of crossing from Arizona to Utah in a Canyon. Have not done that till now
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2020