Send us a suggestion!

Speaking of the biner blocks & close calls...

Discussion in 'Archives - Yahoo Canyons Group' started by hank moon, Jul 12, 2007.

1. hank moon

hank moon Guest

"biner block was lurking"

what does that mean?

From the report linked below:

"After further discussion with my hiking companions we came to *no conclusion* as to how the anchor released the rope."

hank

On 7/12/07, desertres desertres@yahoo.com> wrote:
    Hmm...basic synposis is rappeller(trip leader?) falls 200ft and lives > despite rigging failure(of which a biner block was lurking). Then jumps > 70+ ft.
    http://www.merman.us/cgi-bin/blog.cgi?s=1&pl=lf
  2. desertres

desertres Guest

I didnt mean to say it was due to a failure of the biner block. I was saying a biner block was part of the rigging, or as he said. I wouldnt rule it out though. Wouldnt you be curious as to the state of the rapide or whatever the rope was run through? Or suspect the webbing?

If reworking the rope was by laying the pull side on a better line for a pull then...well dont look at me to say it was webbing.

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "hank moon" <onkaluna@...> wrote:
    "biner block was lurking"
    what does that mean?
    From the report linked below:
    "After further discussion with my hiking companions we came to *no > conclusion* as to how the anchor released the rope."
    hank
    > On 7/12/07, desertres <desertres@...> wrote:

Hmm...basic synposis is rappeller(trip leader?) falls 200ft and lives
    despite rigging failure(of which a biner block was lurking). Then jumps
    70+ ft.

http://www.merman.us/cgi-bin/blog.cgi?s=1&pl=lf

>