Send us a suggestion!

Some Excellent Beer''s Have Arrived In Layton

Discussion in 'Archives - Yahoo Canyons Group' started by John Styrnol, Jan 31, 2006.

1. John Styrnol

John Styrnol Guest

I finally got the State Liquor Store in Layton to get some excellent beer's in. Please show this state that we enjoy great beer's. If these sell well, they will keep them in stock and let me order other stuff. This is what came in today:

Unibroue Maudite Unibroue Terrible Unibroue Trois Pistoles Anderson Valley Belk's ESB Anderson Valley Deep Enders Porter Anderson Valley High Rollers Wheat

On Order

Samichlaus Aventinus Anderson Valley Winter Soltice

What I have in Mind for other orders:

Delerium Tremens Delerium Nocturnm Orval Westmalle Dubble Westmalle Triple

I hope you people can get up this way to show this state what's up. Would really appreciate some support.

John
  2. adkramoo

adkramoo Guest

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "John Styrnol" <j.styrnol@a...> wrote:
    I finally got the State Liquor Store in Layton to get some excellent > beer's in.

Now if you were talkin Bolters Beer versus Deadman Beer...or even Sandbaggers Beer. I am a fan of passion and I am pleased that the quality of your life has improved. I am even a fan of advocacy, as many (groan!) have had to endure on this forum. I also wish for you every one of your dreams and desires, to come true, in the coming year. But as one New York Yankee hater to another, perhaps this topic on a canyoneering forum, pushes even our loose standard, especially when many here, for cultural and religious reasons, do not indulge. Lets talk it over further, around the campfire, Your buying the first round. ;-) Ram (as moderator)
  3. beadysee

beadysee Guest

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "John Styrnol" <j.styrnol@...> wrote:
    I finally got the State Liquor Store in Layton to get some excellent > beer's in. Please show this state that we enjoy great beer's.

Dude, support your local brewer! Uinta 12 anniversery barley wine is super super good. And, clocks in at a whopping 10.4%. Tell your out of state friends to have a couple of these "Utah beers" right after a long ski tour...and maybe they won't complain about that weak 3.2 stuff...

> Anderson Valley Belk's ESB

Anderson Valley is a good 'un. Bear Republic too. And Russian River. There's a theme here...

-Brian in SLC
  4. John Styrnol

John Styrnol Guest

Brian,

I had some of Uinta's barleywine, did not care for it, good, but I've had better. I have some Racer 5 and Hop Rod Rye, and Red Rocket at home. Also a 750ml of Damnation.. It's actually called Boont ESB now. I support my local brewer's big time.

John

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "beadysee" <beadysee@...> wrote:
    --- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "John Styrnol" <j.styrnol@> wrote:

I finally got the State Liquor Store in Layton to get some excellent
    beer's in. Please show this state that we enjoy great beer's.
    Dude, support your local brewer! Uinta 12 anniversery barley wine is > super super good. And, clocks in at a whopping 10.4%. Tell your out > of state friends to have a couple of these "Utah beers" right after a > long ski tour...and maybe they won't complain about that weak 3.2 > stuff...
    Anderson Valley is a good 'un. Bear Republic too. And Russian > River. There's a theme here...
    -Brian in SLC >
  5. John Styrnol

John Styrnol Guest

oh almost forgot. The common theme would it be California.

John

I finally got the State Liquor Store in Layton to get some excellent
    beer's in. Please show this state that we enjoy great beer's.
    Dude, support your local brewer! Uinta 12 anniversery barley wine is > super super good. And, clocks in at a whopping 10.4%. Tell your out > of state friends to have a couple of these "Utah beers" right after a > long ski tour...and maybe they won't complain about that weak 3.2 > stuff...
    Anderson Valley is a good 'un. Bear Republic too. And Russian > River. There's a theme here...
    -Brian in SLC >
  6. beadysee

beadysee Guest

Russian River area, maybe vineyards/wineries that produce beer. Some of the best beer, methinks.

Yeah, Hop Ottin', Racer 5, etc.

Man, I likes me that Uinta Barely wine.

Ale snobs unite!

-Brian in SLC
  7. John Styrnol

John Styrnol Guest

CA in general makes some awesome brew's. Let's not forget Stone, AleSmith, Mendocino, sierra Nevada, Anchor, and North Coast. I'm a Hop Head, love IPAs. For barley's I like Victory Old Horizontal, North Coast Old Stock Ale, Avery Hog heaven, Great Divide Old Ruffian to name a few. Ram is going to get pissed now.

John

Russian River area, maybe vineyards/wineries that produce beer. Some > of the best beer, methinks.
    Yeah, Hop Ottin', Racer 5, etc.
    Man, I likes me that Uinta Barely wine.
    Ale snobs unite!
    -Brian in SLC >
  8. adkramoo

adkramoo Guest

CA in general makes some awesome brew's. Let's not forget Stone, > AleSmith, Mendocino, sierra Nevada, Anchor, and North Coast. I'm a > Hop Head, love IPAs. For barley's I like Victory Old Horizontal, > North Coast Old Stock Ale, Avery Hog heaven, Great Divide Old Ruffian > to name a few. Ram is going to get pissed now.

Gaaaawd guys!! Take it sideband...and copy to me R
  9. Alrighty then, If we're talking about california beers, count me in.

There is one of the finest breweries which has still gone unmentioned

Mad River Brewing!

their Steelhead Extra Stout and Steelhead Scotch Porter are SUPERB!

course everyone knows the pale ale and the jamaica red. they also have a decent barleywine.

not to mention the fact that they are one of the greenest breweries in the US. they claim that they create almost no waste.

course deschuttes brewing in oregon has some fantastic brews as well, especially obsidian stout and black butte porters...

bottom's up!

stefan

On Feb 2, 2006, at 6:20 PM, John Styrnol wrote:

> CA in general makes some awesome brew's. Let's not forget Stone, > AleSmith, Mendocino, sierra Nevada, Anchor, and North Coast. I'm a > Hop Head, love IPAs. For barley's I like Victory Old Horizontal, > North Coast Old Stock Ale, Avery Hog heaven, Great Divide Old Ruffian > to name a few. Ram is going to get pissed now.
    John

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "beadysee" <beadysee@...> wrote: >
    > --- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "John Styrnol" <j.styrnol@> wrote: >>
    >> oh almost forgot. The common theme would it be California. >
    > Russian River area, maybe vineyards/wineries that produce beer. > Some >> of the best beer, methinks. >
    > Yeah, Hop Ottin', Racer 5, etc. >
    > Man, I likes me that Uinta Barely wine. >
    > Ale snobs unite! >
    > -Brian in SLC >

> When you post, please change the Subject appropriately, to make > reading and searching easier. You can use the following > abbreviations: TRIP = Trip Report; BETA = Canyon Beta; PARTNER = > Partner and/or Rides; ETHICS = Ethics; TECH = Technical Questions > and Tips; BIZ = E Group Business; SALE = Stuff for Sale. Please > use a Tilde ~ after the abbreviation, so we know you are coding for > us, such as:
    Subject: BIZ~ New Abbreviation List - working?
    To change your delivery options, go to the Canyons Egroup page on > yahoo: > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/canyons/
    > This will require logging into Yahoo. Click on the > &amp;amp;quot;Edit My > Membership&amp;amp;quot; link, and change your delivery option. > Press &amp;amp;quot;Save > Changes&amp;amp;quot;.
    DAILY DIGEST OPTION will deliver one email > to you each day summarizing that day's messages.
    WEB ONLY OPTION will not deliver email; you > must visit the web site to view messages. > Groups Links
  10. Tom Jones

Tom Jones Guest

> --- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "John Styrnol" <j.styrnol@> wrote:
    > Ram is going to get pissed now. > I believe that, in-between trips, Ram refrains from getting pissed. Something about wanting to fit through Shenanigans...

Tom