Send us a suggestion!

Tech Tip: Question Software for video and photo editing?

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Gear' started by Brian in SLC, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Brian in SLC

Brian in SLC Brian in SLC

Some amazing photography and video stuff posted here by some of you folk.

I've acquired a new point and shoot (Sony RX100)...and, while since its not waterproof it might not get a bunch of canyon time, I'm curious to know what you guys use for editing software.

My go to has been a lazy microsoft photo editor that came with Office (but was easy and fast). I've never tried or used video photo editing (troglodyte that I am!).

Please...post up!

Thanks!
  2. Amy K

Amy K

If I take my SLR in the canyon I use either Adobe Lightroom or Photoshop, depending on how much time I actually want to dedicate to editing since I'm still learning Photoshop. If I use my phone for pics or the Olympus tough I'll use Adobe Lightroom. I generally find Lightroom is most sufficient for all editing purposes. Photoshop I've been playing around with as I learn different applications for editing. I pay 10 bucks a month, which includes both, and gives you the advanced Lightroom app for the phone.
    Brian in SLC likes this.
  3. Sutitan

Sutitan

2nd for Photoshop. The Camera Raw Suite in Photoshop does mostly everything lightroom does so I dont bother too much with LR.

Regarding your camera, they make some decently small waterproof housings for it, such that it'd be as large as a full frame DSLR. Not compact, but it'd end up being incredibly rugged with great image quality. Alternitavely, you could always fit that camera in a pelican 1010 which is downright tiny. Youd constantly be taking it in and out which could be a hassle, but it avoids alot of the bulk.
    Brian in SLC likes this.
  4. Bill

Bill ... Staff Member

I use Lightroom for 90% of my edits and photoshop for that remaining 10% when needed. Both are included in the Adobe CC Photography subscription and are well worth the money because it includes all updates, upgrades, and can be installed on a few machines.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html
  5. Nordschleife

Nordschleife

If you want to start with video you should try Davinci Resolve.
    It's a free professional editor, bit of a learningcurve though.
    Brian in SLC likes this.
  6. Downward Bound

Downward Bound

I use PowerDirector Ultra on my PC for video editing. I believe you can download a 30 day trial version for free.
    I find it powerful and fast.

For video editing on the iPad, LumaFusion is the only serious product available. It is also quite good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Brian in SLC likes this.