Send us a suggestion!

smith fork & moqui

Discussion in 'Archives - Yahoo Canyons Group' started by Jason, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Jason

Jason Guest

interested in doing these this x-mas time. from what i have read smith fork is a walk and clamber, no ropes required (not interested in any of the tribs, which i have heard can be quite nasty). but how is access in ? are those roads from 276 high clearance or can regular passenger vehicles make it ok ? and how about the roads up to moqui from 276 ? high clearance or hyundai friendly ?
  2. <<<interested in doing these this x-mas time. from what i have read smith fork is a walk and clamber, no ropes required (not interested in any of the tribs, which i have heard can be quite nasty). but how is access in ? are those roads from 276 high clearance or can regular passenger vehicles make it ok ?>>>

Smith Fork can be walked from the highway, and I have done so, but the other roads are for high clearance vehicles. Don't try to find the canyons in the area without a good map. I tried to find it from memory without a map and got us all lost and in the wrong canyon once.

<<<and how about the roads up to moqui from 276 ? high clearance or hyundai friendly ?>>>

I've always walked from the highway except for the 4wd road in the upper end. Not sure which road you are refering to?

Everyone is raving about the all-new Mail.

3. Jason

Jason Guest

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, scott patterson <kesscokim@...> wrote:
    Smith Fork can be walked from the highway, and I have done so, but the other roads are for high clearance vehicles. Don't try to find the canyons in the area without a good map. I tried to find it from memory without a map and got us all lost and in the wrong canyon once. >

yeah, map n compass. i never leave the car w/out 'em.

> I've always walked from the highway except for the 4wd road in the upper end. Not sure which road you are refering to? >

sorry. the road here, opposite the castle creek canyon road - http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?lat=37.41338&lon=- 110.42381&size=l&u=4&datum=nad27&layer=DRG - whcih heads north towards the head of moqui. wanted to poke around here - http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?lat=37.48793&lon=- 110.3552&size=l&u=4&datum=nad27&layer=DRG