Send us a suggestion!

Small packs for fast and light canyoneering descents

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Gear' started by Nemo, Aug 9, 2020.

?

what size pack do you use for single day canyons?

1. >10L

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 10-14L

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 15-20L

10.0%
  4. 20-24L

10.0%
  5. 25-30L

10.0%
  6. 30-40L

50.0%
  7. 40-50L

30.0%
  8. 50+L

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. packs are aid. I am a canyon purest.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Nemo

Nemo

Anyone else out there trying to do more with less???

What pack do use for ultralight, fast canyoneering on day trips? I have used a Lep in the past but wonder if there are smaller bags that still hold up canyons in Northwash and/or stemmy canyons in general? it didnt appear to me that Rodcle goes smaller than 28L. Kind of thinking in the 12-14L range for a pack.
  2. carla merrill

carla merrill

I use the North Face Explore Fusebox Daypack S. It's the perfect size (14L) for North Wash outings: super durable and water resistent.
    Nemo likes this.
  3. Nemo

Nemo

Cool! Just looked it up. Have you had any problems with that top zipper when scraping through canyons? Do you also use the pack to carry the rope on approaches?
  4. ratagonia

ratagonia

5. carla merrill

carla merrill

I usually carry a rope, water and snacks in the bag and attach my helmet and harness to the outside of the bag of the approach and exit hikes. I have not had any problems with the zippers. I bought my bag at a North Face Outlet during their sample sales. Super cheap
    Nemo likes this.
  6. Nemo

Nemo