Send us a suggestion!

AZ: Grand Canyon Slip Slidin' in Soap Creek

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by MTN_DUDE, Mar 12, 2013.

1. MTN_DUDE

MTN_DUDE

Soap Creek was my 2nd canyon in the Grand Canyon. We did this in December of 2011, so its been awhile but I loved this area and hope to spark a meet up for the canyon.

This was an SUU Canyoneering Crew trip, at least all but one of the canyoneers. I bought the Grand Canyoneering book when they were in St. George and had to start down there, day trips thus far.

We left the snow of Cedar City and enjoyed the warm Marble Canyon weather. Sure there was ice in the pools but I was sweating up a storm in my sweater. The canyon was so awesome. The rappels were amazing in the canyon and the boulder hopping was so much fun.

We spent to much time playing in the boulder fields so we didn't make it to the river. We got to the south fork and started our way back up. Next time I plan on getting down there and camping/fishing.

That hike out is crazy. I of course had to take the first trip up the weird climbing section of the exit ... really fun! Sadly both the Go Pro's had died by the time we got to the exit so no footage.

Enjoy the Video

Featured Image for the Homepage
    slide.
    Bill likes this.
  2. Dan Ransom

Dan Ransom Staff Member

Sweet! I'm still yet to do Soap, need to put it on my winter canyoneering/fly fishing trip to marble. Thanks! :thumbsup:
  3. MTN_DUDE

MTN_DUDE

That sounds like a fun winter canyoneering/fly fishing trip!