Send us a suggestion!

Singing Rock XP vs Edelrid Irupu

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Gear' started by MMclimbhigh, Aug 24, 2021.

1. MMclimbhigh

MMclimbhigh

Hey Desert Rats!

Looking to upgrade an old harness. I don't want to splurge on the Petzl Canyon Guide ($225+ ?!?!) or the Edelrid Iguazu II. So, I'm thinking either the Singing Rock Canyon XP or the Edelrid Irupu. Both just over a hundred bucks, two gear loops, and seat protector. Options in the US are certainly limited!

Does anyone have opinions on either of these harnesses? Pros, cons, and smart ass comments welcome!

Cheers,
    M
  2. Sonny Lawrence

Sonny Lawrence

3. flanaganjk

flanaganjk

I’ve been happy with my Singing Rock harnesses. I like them better than the Petzl Canyon Club. I haven’t tried the other brand you mentioned, but I keep checking back on this post to find someone saying they like them better - I need an excuse to buy one and try it out :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. Yellow Dart

Yellow Dart It's only hubris if I fail.

If you're the lead, I rec the Black Diamond Big Gun.

Wider straps for comfort on-rap when you're the first one down fixing the botched rope toss that landed in a tree.

Extra gear loops for the extra biners you need to carry as the setter/pitcher; as well as ascenders on your person as you're the first one down and cant see if your single line is on the ground.

The haul loop on the back is fully load-bearing, if you need that kind of thing.

There are two separate life-bearing main loops, for versatility in ascension, as well as hanging other things.

Scuttlebutts will baaaarely fit it, if you do some minor surgery.