Send us a suggestion!

Shenanigan''s 4th Narrows Done High

Discussion in 'Archives - Yahoo Canyons Group' started by adkramoo, May 24, 2006.

1. adkramoo

adkramoo Guest

By Nat Smale and Stevee B. I traveled the narrows at ground level (Spooky being alone), watching our hero's. The climb up was tougher than it looked, with the right wall LDC slanting over. Several silo's and tough corners were encountered right away. The middle and lower part of the stemming was reported and looked easy. It was consistant with the climbing we had been doing all week. Nat, I believe rated it 5.6 R/X, so this will help out a few folks. Rob Heineman comes to mind first, but it's for strong climbers only. The off the deck stuff is about 100 yards long. R
  2. royserati

royserati Guest

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "adkramoo" <adkramoo@...> wrote:
    By Nat Smale and Stevee B. I traveled the narrows at ground level > (> 5.6 R/X, so this will help out a few folks. Rob Heineman comes to mind > first, but it's for strong climbers only. > R >

Sorry, Ram, I don't believe Rob can obtain the necessary permit to attempt this. Why don't you try Big Ryan (Ryano) and if he gets through then we'll talk (maybe) ;)

Roylnn

P.S. Fun bending elbows with ya last night. Wild ride home.
  3. adkramoo

adkramoo Guest

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "royserati" <rserati@...> wrote: > Sorry, Ram, I don't believe Rob can obtain the necessary permit to > attempt this. Why don't you try Big Ryan (Ryano) and if he gets > through then we'll talk (maybe) ;)

Big Ryno has done the 3rd narrows. Said it was tight. He exited before the 4th. Was a few years back, at least. As for Robbie H. (or Ryan Hull) in the 4th, going high? No worse than his Shimrock or some of the positions I saw him in up high in Wiggum Gulch (Pandora's proper name) and Choprock. It's made for him.

> Roylnn

Wild ride home? Not sure I want to hear! We did DQ. Pitney is a great host. You can't ruin the furniture. he doesn't have any. Ram
  4. How much higher in Shimrock? When I went through with Dave, with the exception of one section of about 40' long with a chockstone about 1/3 through, we were never very high.

bruce from bryce

p.s. glad to have you back safely. It sounded like a full schedule with few if any days off as it seems like you do a canyon even when transitioning from area to area.

>From: "adkramoo" adkramoo@aol.com
    Reply-To: Yahoo Canyons Group
    To: Yahoo Canyons Group
    Subject: [from Canyons Group] Re: Shenanigan's 4th Narrows Done High >Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 15:55:11 -0000
    --- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "royserati" <rserati@...> wrote:
    Sorry, Ram, I don't believe Rob can obtain the necessary permit >to
    attempt this. Why don't you try Big Ryan (Ryano) and if he gets
    through then we'll talk (maybe) ;)
    Big Ryno has done the 3rd narrows. Said it was tight. He exited >before the 4th. Was a few years back, at least. As for Robbie H. (or >Ryan Hull) in the 4th, going high? No worse than his Shimrock or >some of the positions I saw him in up high in Wiggum Gulch >(Pandora's proper name) and Choprock. It's made for him.
    > Roylnn

Wild ride home? Not sure I want to hear! We did DQ. Pitney is a >great host. You can't ruin the furniture. he doesn't have any. >Ram

>
  5. adkramoo

adkramoo Guest

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "bruce silliman" <weabruce@...> wrote:> How much higher in Shimrock? When I went through with Dave, with the > exception of one section of about 40' long with a chockstone about 1/3 > through, we were never very high.

Hi Bruce Sorry you couldn't join us Monday. We did North guardian in threatening weathewr. You would have enjoyed Was referring Rob Heineman's descent of Shimmy Shimmy Shimrock http://www.canyoneeringusa.com/rave/0503lep/index.htm This sounded epic.
    bruce from bryce
    p.s. glad to have you back safely. It sounded like a full schedule with few > if any days off as it seems like you do a canyon even when transitioning > from area to area.

Just back from the chiroprator. He called my posture a "train wreck." and used the sledgehammer on me ;-) It was 17 canyons and 2 peaks, in 19 days and I lost 7 pounds. It was hot and we had many pre dawn starts. Had 10 folks in camp once, but never more than 8 in any canyon and had 35 different partners over the full haul, with several joining the trip twice. Most days had 3-6 folks on board. A truly effective vacation, as I am even looking up phone numbers today that I have had memorized for years, so lost in the "in the moment" were we, for so long. R