Send us a suggestion!

Seeking Partners, Based in Colorado

Discussion in 'Meet Up' started by Dave, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Dave

Dave

Hello everyone. I live on the Front Range of CO and am looking for folks to go canyoneering with. I’m not finding any real interest in my social circles around here. Also, don’t be a beginner leading beginners…

So, here goes. I’m a man, 45, dependable, fit, have some basic gear. I have specific experience hiking and scrambling around in the Swell and Escalante areas, and in some of the straightforward class 3’s in North Wash. And general experience caving and climbing. I’m motivated by the desire to see unique and beautiful places, problem solving, working together with a fun group. That sort of thing.

I’m able to get over to Southern Utah a couple times a month. If your group is open to having a new guy come along, please let me know. I’ll carry all the heavy stuff and bring good food to share! Good chance I’ll be over that way somewhere this weekend, 3/3.

Cheers,
    Dave
    a1.
  2. townsend

townsend

Dave,

Welcome to CC! Please check your CC private mail -- I sent a message.
  3. Dave

Dave

Thanks, townsend.
    Thanks to those who replied and messaged. Replies sent.
    D
  4. Sutitan

Sutitan

I always wished that the front range would have a bigger canyoneering scene. I'm not sure if it's just maybe the lack of canyons or if that Utah is just that much better but it's tough to make a minimum of a 5 hour drive to get out there. I'm hoping to try out some canyons I've found out about in GJ.
  5. yetigonecrazy1

yetigonecrazy1 yeti in the jungle

GJ has some fun canyons. ...... I think there are some nice canyons wait to be published or brought to light in the Front Range, especially in the southern Front Range area, some interesting geology down there......
  6. Sutitan

Sutitan

I hope you're right. Stuff like queens canyon in the springs (although not technically open or used a ton for canyoneering) gives me hope that there hidden gyms waiting to be discovered. For now, ill keep making the drive to our neighboring state.
  7. gajslk

gajslk

Queen's is non-technical, except for one short optional stunt rappel. It is a very nice hike, especially as a loop from the bottom. If your beta is up to date, it mentions that you can no longer hike out the bottom through Glen Erie. There are other options that I've eyeballed but have not hiked. pm me for more info if you want.

Gordon