Send us a suggestion!

Robbers Roost conditions/recommendations?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Danny, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Danny

Danny

I'll be heading down to Robbers Roost this weekend with some friends for a few canyon descents. Has anyone been down that way in the recent past that could tell me what the conditions are currently like?
    Since most of us don't have wetsuits, we are looking to keep as dry as possible.
    Any recommendations on what canyons are most likely to be relatively dry?
    Any insight and/or guidance would be much appreciated.
    Thanks so much!
    ~ Danny
  2. Dan Ransom

Dan Ransom Staff Member

Chris Hood Was just in south robber's roost country, reported a bit of snow in the slots still, and lots of mud.
  3. Chris Hood

Chris Hood

Yeah, snow and a little ice in the South Fork. I had to fix drops that I normally wouldn't think twice about. It was melting fast, though, and the roads were good.
  4. TheBird

TheBird [406]

I have only ever had to wade thigh deep at most ANY time I've taken a Robbers Roost trip, which usually fall around this same time of the year. But who knows, maybe I just hit it on a dry week every time. Seems to me RR canyons don't hold much water for long though.