Send us a suggestion!

Right Fork of North Creek Update?

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by The Dread Pirate Roberts, May 21, 2018.

1. The Dread Pirate Roberts

The Dread Pirate Roberts

I notice there were some permits reserved for the Right Fork last weekend, maybe coming out today. Can anyone report on the conditions? We are headed there this weekend and I'm mostly concerned about our group getting cold in the direct section. Thanks for any info!
  2. Matthew_R

Matthew_R

I did right fork this weekend with a group of 5. We ended up doing the bypass route, so no information about the conditions in the direct section. We originally planned to do the direct section, but with a later start than expected, we ended up skipping it. Everyone had wetsuits (~4/3 full) with us but one person never put it on and had a very chilly swim in the black pool, but was otherwise fine without it. The rest of the group were glad we put on our suits for the black pool. We did the Hammerhead approach and all anchors seemed to be in good condition. We also noticed that there were some fairly fresh footprints in the canyon so I don't think we were the first group of the season to go through. All around it was a fun trip. Sorry I can't provide any more help than that. Have fun this weekend.

Right Fork.