Send us a suggestion!

Response to Amyramoo ~ The Black Hole Story

Discussion in 'Archives - Yahoo Canyons Group' started by Randi Poer, Mar 25, 2005.

1. Randi Poer

Randi Poer Guest

WOW Amy! Thanks for such an awesome story! I've never done the Black Hole, but I sure would like to. I think I'd be somewhat afraid too at first ....but I'd try to be like you and "not let my fear stand in the way of my dreams!"

How lucky you are to get to do this canyon, and many others with your WHOLE family!

Can you believe that only the woman in my family like to go on these types of adventures? I can't belive it either! The boys just don't know what they're missing!

I hope to see you again soon Amy and go on anotherr adventure with you and your family! : ) ~

Thanks again for taking the time to share your story!

~Randi

amyramoo amyramoo@yahoo.com> wrote:

You folks wanted another story well here it is.

My whole body was shaking like jiggly jell-O. As my brother annoused that we were trapped by a log jam in the Black Hole!

It was a beautiful winter day in Utah, and I was sitting motionless in the car thinking hard about the stories and rules my dad had told us last night. They were about the Black Hole. Fear spread through out my body, and streams of tears came from my eyes. My dad noticed me in the car and asked what was wrong. I told him all my fears, worries, and concerns. He made me feel a lot better. He even offord to do another canyon, but I shook my head vigorously. I at least wanted to know if I had the potenshell to do it. We packed up and left for the Black Hole. We plopped our backpack on and stumbled down the rocky down climb, and through the White canyon. We suited up near the enterence. I wore 3 wetsuits. I was trembling all over. There was a couple down climbs. When I looked ahead I saw about 100 logs jammed and ten feet below it was an open area were you could walk. Then there was a down climb with a curved log, but we made it down no problem. My brother peeked ahead and there were logs. My brother told my dad that we were stuck. So my dad leap into the little water area and started to dig at the logs. I clenched my moms hand because I was scared that the logs might claps on my dad, but he managed to make a hole big enough for mom, Aaron, and me. Swimming toke a lot out of me and finally we found the second log jam. There was a rule for this one it was don't go on any logs that were near any one else. We carefully walked on the logs. Then my dad digged again, and we crammed food in are mouths. After, we kept on walking. Till we reached another log jam that if you put your foot in the wrong place you could fall six feet into water. There were a couple more swims, but we were mostly down the canyon. The only thing left was the hike out the high canyon wall.

Even though it was an extremely cold canyon it was also the most beautiful canyon I have ever done. I felt really good about doing that canyon because I thought I couldn't do it at first, but now I know I can.

Amy Ramras

When you post, please change the Subject appropriately, to make reading and searching easier. You can use the following abbreviations: TRIP = Trip Report; BETA = Canyon Beta; PARTNER = Partner and/or Rides; ETHICS = Ethics; TECH = Technical Questions and Tips; BIZ = E Group Business; SALE = Stuff for Sale. Please use a Tilde ~ after the abbreviation, so we know you are coding for us, such as:

Subject: BIZ~ New Abbreviation List - working?

To change your delivery options, go to the Canyons Egroup page on yahoo: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/canyons/

This will require logging into Yahoo. Click on the "Edit My Membership" link, and change your delivery option. Press "Save Changes".

WEB ONLY OPTION will not deliver email; you must visit the web site to view messages.

Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/canyons/

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: canyons-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

Your use of Groups is subject to the Terms of Service.
  2. amyramoo

amyramoo Guest

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, Randi Poer <advntr_inxs@y...> wrote: > WOW Amy! Thanks for such an awesome story! I've never done the Black Hole, but I sure would like to I think I'd be somewhat afraid too at first ....but I'd try to be like you and "not let my fear stand in the way of my dreams!"

From me. You would love it. It is so much fun

> How lucky you are to get to do this canyon, and many others with your WHOLE family! Can you believe that only the woman in my family like to go on these types of adventures?

From me. Yes I can. I have done Crystal and Lost Edan with you and your girls. It was fun and say hi for me.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your story! ~Randi

From me. Your welcome. Dad say Rachle has a story. I am going to read it now. Amy Ramras