Send us a suggestion!

Rapide madness

Discussion in 'Archives - Yahoo Canyons Group' started by kiwi_outdoors, Feb 14, 2008.

1. who cares about a rapide strength - you are not lead climbing!

why not talk about how in God's green earth you think its good form to drag a climbing rope over a "rod" of ever decreasing radius - the smaller the radius the higher the internal stresses and distortions and degradation in the kerjillions of fibers of the rope.

My preference would be to take big clunky rapides just to be kind to my rope - my rope is my life!

And yes, I am an engineer.

P.S. Kerjillions is a real word, just ask performance artist Laurie Anderson - she is about my age.
  2. beadysee

beadysee Guest

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "kiwi_outdoors" <kiwi_outdoors@...> wrote: > P.S. Kerjillions is a real word, just ask performance artist Laurie > Anderson - she is about my age.

Strange Days, indeed. Geez, I think I have that (and a few of her other ones) on vinyl...

She performed here in the city of salt at the arts festival. Was mostly a spoken word thing around the time of the Mapplethorpe v funding for the endowment for the arts "crisis". The crowd was there to hear her poppy songs and she went off on a rant about art and certain senators and what they were really afraid of (ie, Mapplethorpe subject matter). Needless to say, the crowd thinned pretty fast. Was painfully hilarious.

I think she came back to the arts festival in later years and played here songs which seemed better recieved.

Anyhow, let x = x

-Brian in SLC
  3. gajslk

gajslk Guest

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "kiwi_outdoors" <kiwi_outdoors@...> wrote:
    who cares about a rapide strength - you are not lead climbing! > Well, it's winter here and we're working really hard at generating some kind of controversy to while away the cold, dark, snowy days.

Cheers, Gordon