Send us a suggestion!

POT STICKERS AND BUTT PROTECTORS

Discussion in 'Buy and Sell' started by Rapterman, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Rapterman

Rapterman

Agree with Bootboy-
    neither abrasive canyons nor PVC laminates are created equal.
    Not sure but I think that Tom may be using the same domestic supplier as ours for his current scuttlebutts.
    We have a new 18 oz PVC material which is a little more flexible and supposedly more rub resistant.
    They are the black colored ones on our site.
    If these perform as we expect then we will switch all the colors
    Best
    Todd
    2065toyota likes this.
  2. Canyonero

Canyonero

Why would you need a butt protector in Zion? :) I could get 100 Zion canyons out of one.

What really eats them up is low-impact rappelling and most zion rappels are off pretty solid anchors. Tight canyons and high stemming get them too. Not much of that in Zion.
    Bootboy likes this.
  3. 2065toyota

2065toyota

Why? Why not? It still saves your harness, shorts, pants, wetsuit, etc. from unnecessary wear and tear. While maybe not as needed as other places I do see people constantly wearing out their gear and clothing by not having one. To each their own though.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Rapterman and Matt Snow like this.
  4. Canyonero

Canyonero

I guess the only reasons not to are expense and weight. It's just so rare I slide my butt around on anything in Zion. A little in Heaps and Imlay I guess. They could last a long, long time if that is your only location.
  5. Cristina

Cristina Cristina AmatDiSanFilippo

IMG_20160223_105241. IMG_20160223_111056. I got more than 100's north wash style canyons out of the one that Tom gave me more than 10 years ago. The trick is when is still brand new to take it to a a canyon, identify the rubbing spots, clean it up and to cover in gorilla tape and just add gorilla in those spots when they worn off again.
    When it become a gluing mess is enough to remove the old tape and to start again.
    I think if they are made from thicker material they become too heavy to carry and uncomfortable to walk into , I like the idea of rafting patch kit
    this is ready to be repatched
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
    Rapterman likes this.