Send us a suggestion!

Pot Shot Rope Bag

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Gear' started by pyle762, Apr 4, 2017.

1. pyle762

pyle762

I tried searching but couldn't find any specifics on the capacity of a Pot Shot for a rope bag.

Would a Pot Shot hold 100-120' of Canyonero. I am wanting to pick up a rope bag but if I can would like to do double duty with the Pot Shot replacing the rope bag.

Thanks
  2. ratagonia

ratagonia

No.

Meaning, no, a PotShot will not hold 100' of Canyonero. It holds perhaps 60', and can be used as a poorly performing ropebag. Ropebags are much better at being ropebags than PotShots are at being ropebags. Easier for your dual-use idea would be to bring a stuff bag to fill with sand, to put in your ropebag in the unlikely case that you want to use it as a PotShot, rather than the other way around. But then again, a PotShot makes a better PotShot than a ropebag makes a PotShot.

Of course, my preference is that you purchase several of each...

Tom :moses:
  3. pyle762

pyle762

Ok, that is what I needed to know. Thanks. Looks like it will be a rope bag then.
  4. pyle762

pyle762

I went and picked up a Bagarino at AZ Hiking Shack today. Sorry, I don't quite have the need to purchase several of each, but I'm working on it; all in due time.
    ratagonia likes this.
  5. Canyonero

Canyonero

Of course, it was Tom himself who taught me that a ropebag makes a better potshot than a potshot, as long as you can throw it far enough. If you put your full potshots inside it, they seem less likely to burst.

I agree with him that 100 feet of canyonero won't go in a potshot, although 300 feet of really thin pullcord will. Then you can milk the kitty.