Send us a suggestion!

Post Size Limit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jake Freimanis, Sep 13, 2019 at 3:30 PM.

1. Jake Freimanis

Jake Freimanis Ours is a quiet fear

Got a problem I'm hoping someone can help me with.
    When uploading photos to a trip report it tells me there's a 10MB limit. I assumed that meant 10MB per photo because I was able to upload around 16MB of photos. However after about 16MB total of photos it would either upload broken photos or tell me the file was too large, no matter how small the picture was.
    So I thought maybe it was a 10MB limit for the entire post. So I reduced the file size of all the photos and tried again with most all photos being under a megabyte. I was only able to upload 10 photos totaling 8.6Mb before it started uploading broken photos or just saying the file size was too large even though the grand total was still under 10.
    Can someone inform me as to how post size limits work and what the limitations of uploading photos to this site are? Thanks.
  2. Austin Farnworth

Austin Farnworth

If you put you photos on google photos, you can embed them right into the post using this website https://ctrlq.org/google/photos/ you should be able embed photos that are above 10MB using this method.
  3. ratagonia

ratagonia

Reducing your photos to 1200 pixels longest side might help.
  4. Jake Freimanis

Jake Freimanis Ours is a quiet fear

I'll stick to the google photos embedding thing from now on if that works but I am curious as to how the site works Tom. So is it a 10MB limit per post or per photo? Or is it "You get what you get unless the longest side of every photo is 1200 pixels in which case your post can go up to 10MB." ? Just trying to figure out the rules for how this works.
  5. ratagonia

ratagonia

As much as it may SEEM to be my site, it is not. I do not know, and I am definitely not a guy that should be down in the engine room tinkering with the mechanism.

Tom