Send us a suggestion!

Pleadies

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Moab Mark, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Moab Mark

Moab Mark

Any body been lately? Conditions?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
  2. Tirrus

Tirrus Rope rider.

Quoted from RoadTripRyan in the comments 6/8/2017

Austinfarnworth:
    "conditions now are pretty sketchy now, a lot of snow-melt coming down with a swift flow. We did the first rappel with quite a bit of water coming down on us and continued down to the 2nd rappel encountering some spots of waist deep water so we bailed out and rim walked the canyon as far as we could. We were able to downclimb in at about the 4th rappel and checked out the flow down there and it looked pretty dangerous so we opted to wait until July to come back to Pleiades."
    darhawk, Moab Mark, Taylor and 2 others like this.
  3. Ross Platt

Ross Platt

It may be a little late for you but I figured I'd chime in since I searched for a recent condition report for a while and never found one. My wife and I descended Pleiades yesterday and the conditions were very wet and very cold but manageable. I had never been down the canyon before so I do not know the average flow but it was doable for us and we are not by any means experts so I would say that it is good.
    ratagonia and Moab Mark like this.
  4. Moab Mark

Moab Mark

Wetsuits?

5. Ross Platt

Ross Platt

Yes, we both had 3/2 mm wetsuits and neoprene socks.
  6. Phavant

Phavant

I was in there on 7/14. Great conditions and pretty much just all spring water now. There is a bear hanging out on the trail right close to the area. I almost came nose to nose with him when walking back up. Thank goodness I had my harness on making canyon chimes!!
  7. Moab Mark

Moab Mark

Pictures?

8. Ross Platt

Ross Platt

I posted some on a thread in the trip reports forum. I'd post the link but I'm not to the 6 post minimum yet.
  9. 2065toyota

2065toyota