Send us a suggestion!

UT: Zion Pie and Beer Day in Benson Creek - July 24 2019

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by ratagonia, Jul 25, 2019.

1. ratagonia

ratagonia

Late to the Party am I -- Benson Creek has been well-beta'd for awhile, but with it being a 2 hour drive for me, it just never seemed worth it. But, a hot day in July, a holiday... NOW it sounded like a good time.

Getting up early was not that much fun, but the drive was delightful with Doug driving. The fast route from here is across the top via Cedar Breaks and Brian Head, then down Parowan canyon. No Zion traffic madness here. Lots of wildflowers, a few sprinkles at the highest altitude. We arrive a few minutes early and put on our shoes. The crew from St George pulled in a few minutes later. Our team for the day was fellow Jones’s (no relation) Shawn and Corrine, Paula LeFevere, and then Doug Murray and Shirlz Rox from Kanab; and me.

Full Trip Report at the Latest Rave ---

Ben10.

Ben15.

Ben00.
    darhawk and Sandstone Addiction like this.
  2. carla merrill

carla merrill

Went a couple of weeks ago. Loved the rappels. Great pics
    ratagonia likes this.