Send us a suggestion!

Partner or small group for Swell/North Wash June 2-8 - flexible on days

Discussion in 'Meet Up' started by Ryan Hacking, May 20, 2019.

1. Ryan Hacking

Ryan Hacking

Looking for someone interested in doing some canyons in the Swell or North wash area. I've done all the easy and moderate canyons in North wash and looking for a little more challenge. But not the crazy ones. I posted earlier about doing the Squeeze but now having 2nd thoughts about spending the day in water--until really hot summer days. Another idea is Cassidy arch in Capital reef which is on my list. Wish I had friends...need to find a canyon buddy or two!:thumbsup:
  2. Joe C

Joe C

Hey Ryan - I'm planning to get out there that same weekend, but might be a bit earlier around May 30/31. Do a decent amount of solo trips through, but would much enjoy a canyon buddy that's open to a challenge. Was thinking about the Swell or some of the Poison Spring / North Wash canyons like Slideanide or Constrichnyne - but don't really have anything locked in yet. Would be willing to hash through some ideas with you if we could make it work!
  3. ratagonia

ratagonia

June 2-8??? I don't know. I think it will be better after it stops snowing.

Tom
  4. Ryan Hacking

Ryan Hacking

Thanks for adding to the thread Tom.! It's been some interesting weather for sure. Are you thinking Slideanide or Constrichnyne would have water at that time?
  5. Ryan Hacking

Ryan Hacking

I looked up those canyons and they do look interesting. My plans are starting to swing toward the following weekend though (7-8th). Still trying to keep it open though. If your planning on going through let me know when and I'll try to join. Thanks
  6. ratagonia

ratagonia

The "Poisons" are north facing, which makes them palatable in hot weather, but means they dry out slowly after rain... but they don't really get pools so much as they get muddy. Maybe pools to waist deep. After a week of non-rain they should be okay. They are fun canyons.

Normally in May-June you are trying to manage the heat. Not now. Snowed night before last here near Zion, but just rain tonight.

Tom
    Joe C likes this.
  7. Ryan Hacking

Ryan Hacking

Are you still going down to this area? What days? It sounded like you will be there just the next couple days or this weekend. If you will be there longer we are looking for another partner for the following weekend June 7-8. Also I will be at North Wash starting Wed if you are available to do a canyon that day. Thanks Ryan