Send us a suggestion!

UT: Zion Orderville Canyon

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by RossK, Nov 30, 2016.

1. RossK

RossK

Ok, I realise compared to most of the experienced canyoneers on this site this barely qualifies as canyoneering, but I haven't done too many canyons and because there was little rappelling I had time to get some nice photos so thought I'd post the best here for my debut thread on this site. Although unfortunately, as I copy and pasted the thread from another site, the pics seem to have lot a lost of colour and sharpness quality, so I might later add a couple of the originals in the comments at the bottom.

Although I've done a few canyons this was the first I planned to use ropes with no-one experienced accompanying me, but two experienced people joined us in the end, so I still didn't have to do too much thinking for myself!!

Myself and my friend Richard, both from the UK, met up with 5 other Utah-based canyoneers who we'd made contact with through websites and the great group and scenery made for a memorable day.
    Despite a forecast of only 10% chance of rain we were hit by 20 minutes heavy heavy rain which brought out the waterfalls. We were in one of the narrowest parts of the canyon and almost at the Narrows, so with the huge area upcanyon there was concern until we found a high bank to clamber up and sit it out for 40 minutes.
    There was a good flow then for the hiking to the Narrows which were full of brown muddy water deep enough for people to float down on their backs

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. RossK

RossK

This is an original - still not that sharp or clear! Not sure why, apart from it was taken on a small compact camera rather than my Canon SLR although it came out a bit better on the other site

P1110811imp.
    Ram, ratagonia, Rapterman and 2 others like this.
  3. Ram

Ram

Ross

It was nice meeting you this fall. Orderville is a full and wonderful day. Thanks for sharing it with us. What no snakes? ;)
    Rapterman likes this.