Send us a suggestion!

Off the road camping near Zion?

Discussion in 'Archives - Yahoo Canyons Group' started by Derek Warnick, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Hi all,

I'm pretty new to the canyoneering scene, but I'm excited to try a few of the smaller (simpler) canyons in Zion NP this weekend. However, I don't have a lot of spare change floating around right now, so I was wondering if there was someplace close to the park where I could pull off the road and sleep in my car? I certainly want it to be legal and low-impact, just a place where I can crash for few hours without getting in anyone's way.

Also, any tips on doing Keyhole and Orderville canyons?

Thanks in advance! -Derek

2. RAM

RAM Guest

Do you have two cars and plan Orderville from the top with a car shuttle? If so, the corral just after you leave the north fork road toward the top of Orderville trailhead. For the other side of the park, Smithsonian Butte is good. From Rockville, take Bridge Rd over the...ahem, ahem, bridge. Follow pavement sharp right, then up and over the hill after it turns to gravel and down to a T. Turn left here. Multiple spots between here and 1.8 miles up the road. The road is rough once it starts up the steep hill.

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, Derek Warnick <dtwarnick@...> wrote:
    Hi all,
    I'm pretty new to the canyoneering scene, but I'm excited to try a few of > the smaller (simpler) canyons in Zion NP this weekend. However, I don't have > a lot of spare change floating around right now, so I was wondering if there > was someplace close to the park where I could pull off the road and sleep in > my car? I certainly want it to be legal and low-impact, just a place where I > can crash for few hours without getting in anyone's way.
    Also, any tips on doing Keyhole and Orderville canyons?
    Thanks in advance! > -Derek
    > >