Send us a suggestion!

North Gulch and Moqui Canyons

Discussion in 'Archives - Yahoo Canyons Group' started by restrac2000, Feb 24, 2002.

1. restrac2000

restrac2000 Guest

I am looking into spending about a week in North Gulch, Moqui and the Mancos Mesa area. Does anyone have information....specifically about water(potholes on Mancos or springs in canyons), indian ruins and time needed. I have read of a rare account of Powell being low enough to loop hike it.....does anyone in the powell area know of the lake level this year(anything similar to '92?) I will be headed out March 17-23rd(-ish) depending on the information I receive. Thanks for any help.

Phillip
  2. Phillip, re the lake level, it was down to 3660 about 2 months ago(before the DOI shut down the BOR website) it will probably be down around 3650-55 or 45 feet below full pool and the bathtub ring. Pete --- restrac2000 Happyfeet00@Hotmail.com> wrote: > I am looking into spending about a week in North > Gulch, Moqui and > the Mancos Mesa area. Does anyone have > information....specifically > about water(potholes on Mancos or springs in > canyons), indian ruins > and time needed. I have read of a rare account of > Powell being low > enough to loop hike it.....does anyone in the powell > area know of the > lake level this year(anything similar to '92?) I > will be headed out > March 17-23rd(-ish) depending on the information I > receive. Thanks > for any help.
    Phillip

Sports - Coverage of the 2002 Olympic Games http://sports.yahoo.com