Send us a suggestion!

North-East US Canyoning

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PhilAus, Jul 10, 2018.

1. PhilAus

PhilAus

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone has guides or somewhere they can point me to get information (such as GPS co-ords) on canyoning around Vermont/New York/Anywhere in the North-East of USA.

Would very super mega appreciate any guidance!

Cheers!
    Phil
  2. Sutitan

Sutitan

A quick google search turns up Catskills Mountains in New York. Seems like there is some decent stuff there. The rest you'll have to track down yourself, but seems like there is plenty info out there.
  3. Ali Miller

Ali Miller

As someone who's stranded out east for most of the year, I think folks out here mean something different when they say 'canyoneering'.

Neat rappels off of easy anchors - yes! And, this can be fun!

But commitment, problem-solving, fun downclimbs, slots, potholes, interesting anchor problems... well, if there's any of that out here, please let me know! But I haven't found any. :/
  4. PhilAus

PhilAus

I'll take what I can get! Just happy to be outside in water abseiling/sliding/jumping and if there's some complexity even better, love to problem solve. If not, love water!

Sutitan do you have a link? I did a google however everything seems to be commercially run trips for any canyons I find which don't often disclose all the information required to find the canyon. I actually find a fair bit of canyoning locations around just no documentation or GPS co-ords to tell me where to park and how to find the top of the canyon :(

Thanks again!
    Ali Miller likes this.
  5. Sutitan

Sutitan

PhilAus, I cant find any super specific beta, but follow this link and shoot an email to the contact listed on this page.

http://www.northeastcanyoneering.com/home.php

Andre is his name and he seems to be the most knowledgeable person willing to share information about the Catskills that I can find. His meetup page seems to have some general info as well. I know this isnt GPS coordinates or anything, but I do think this will get you one step closer to what you're looking for. Best of luck, and be sure to share some info if you find anything you think might be worth sharing.
    Ali Miller likes this.
  6. Ali Miller

Ali Miller

x2! Have a great trip!
  7. Sutitan

Sutitan