Send us a suggestion!

New comer looking for experience

Discussion in 'Meet Up' started by claytonwspencer, Jan 27, 2019.

1. claytonwspencer

claytonwspencer

I moved to the Zion area recently. Family lives up north and I’m looking for someone who can teach good safe canyoneering skills. Also someone who wants to get out and adventure.

I have experience with climbing anchors, trad and basic descent skills from the past ten years. I’ve done pine creek and spry canyon recently and want to get out more with someone more experienced than me.

I am available most weekends for the Zion area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. Tirrus

Tirrus Rope rider.

If you find yourself out near Capitol Reef NP I would be happy to get on rope with you.
    Ali Miller likes this.
  3. claytonwspencer

claytonwspencer

Thanks tirrus
    I grew up going there as a kid. It’s my favorite place in fall. I’ve never done any canyoneering there. What time of year is a good time to go? I’ve heard halls creek is awesome.

Tirrus likes this.
  4. TJ Cottam

TJ Cottam Adventure Plus

5. claytonwspencer

claytonwspencer

Hi TJ
    Thanks for the invite. I’m interested but I will have to consider the cost. I’m still just looking for people to go with also.

6. Tirrus

Tirrus Rope rider.

Spring or Fall are best. Summers can be a bit hot, plus the flash flood potential. PM me if you are out this spring.
    claytonwspencer likes this.
  7. CRNPRES

CRNPRES

I am in Zion if you want to try and do a few canyons. Little slow now with the snow and trail closures but it will pick up in the park shortly.

Also Tirrus would show you a good time ;)
  8. wisconnyjohnny

wisconnyjohnny

In Escalante here. Got a few short ones that test certain skills but gettin to the known stuff right now is tough and conditions would be sketch sketch with water and blown out natural anchors.
    ratagonia likes this.