Send us a suggestion!

New Canyon Rope! Atwood Exclusive

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Gear' started by Bootboy, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Bootboy

Bootboy Atwood Gear

So I’m working with a highly reputable rope manufacturer to develop a custom, high performance canyoneering rope. For the initial run of rope, I’m looking for people willing to be testers. Ideally people who get out at least 25 days a year. High end users who Ghost a lot and are into exploration and advanced techniques. The idea is that we need to put serious mileage on this rope quickly so we can move on to making any changes including braiding tension, fiber types, and colors.

The goal is achieve a high performance rope that is valuable where it counts. I don’t believe that the optimal combination of value and performance currently exists in a canyon rope. I am aiming for that sweet spot.

You will need to pay for this rope but it will be wholesale, which is astonishingly affordable. I’m just looking to cover my initial cost in this process.

They are ready to run rope as soon as I give them the green light.

If you are interested, please contact me via email at atwoodgear@gmail.com and I can provide more information/details

Serious inquiries only please.

Regards,

Taylor
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
    Sandstone Addiction likes this.
  2. Bootboy

Bootboy Atwood Gear

UPDATE:

Thank you everyone for your willingness to help. I currently have enough people among whom to distribute the first test run of rope.

I'll keep this thread updated as this project progresses.
  3. Bootboy

Bootboy Atwood Gear

New rope is here. I have some from my initial order left over that im looking to sell so I can make another purchase.

The rope is 8mm Polyester over Dyneema and has an ABS of 5400 lbs, A sheath mass of 63%, and static elongation of 0.93% @ 300lbF, and weighs 2.7lbs per 100ft making it one of the lightest, strongest, and most static ropes on the market.

WARNING: This rope is intended for advanced users and should not be used by those inexperienced with skinny ropes.

Color was mismatched on the first order but is still a lovely emerald green with a blue tracer. It makes an ideal Heaps/Insomnia rope due to its packability and light weight.

Limited time offer of $1.05/ft. A total bargoon for a rope of this quality and performance.

Please email me @ atwoodgear@gmail.com if interested

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 1:03 AM
  4. Bootboy

Bootboy Atwood Gear

All rope is currently SOLD OUT!

Im placing another order with new colors this week.

Also working on different fiber types so I have a few different configurations to offer.

Stay tuned!