Send us a suggestion!

Neon canyon

Discussion in 'Archives - Yahoo Canyons Group' started by Kurt Krause, May 28, 2001.

1. jmviertel

jmviertel Guest

Me and some friends are thinking of doing Neon an a few weeks. I just read that Neon is somewhat dangerous right now. I was wondering what type of wetsuits and any other type of gear we should have? I am also wondering about the water level in the keeper pothole. Is it full right now or in keeper mode. Any other beta on the canyon would be useful too. Thanks, Jaron
  2. TomJones

TomJones Guest

"I just read that Neon is somewhat dangerous right now."

I'm curious as to what you heard, exactly; where you heard it, and from whom.

It can be said that Neon is always somewhat dangerous. It is, after all, technical canyoneering; and it has a pothole that every once in awhile is in "keeper mode", which can be fun or not-fun, depending on the skills of your group. Have you heard something specific right now?

Tom

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "jmviertel" <jmviertel@...> wrote:
    Me and some friends are thinking of doing Neon an a few weeks. I just read that Neon is somewhat dangerous right now. I was wondering what type of wetsuits and any other type of gear we should have? I am also wondering about the water level in the keeper pothole. Is it full right now or in keeper mode. Any other beta on the canyon would be useful too. > Thanks, > Jaron >