Send us a suggestion!

UT: North Wash Morocco Canyon - Not Once but Twice

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Blake Merrell, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Blake Merrell

Blake Merrell Lovin' Utah's Backcountry

Morocco Canyon has eluded me for years now. Every Time I have tried to run that canyon, something happened that made it so I couldn't. Well, not this time! I was attending a Canyon Rescue Course at North Wash Outfitters, and we had a free morning that Friday. It didn't take much to convince my classmates to wake up early and run Morocco Canyon during our time off!

The canyon was great! One of the best mini slots I have done. Since it didn't take long to run, and because we had time still, we decided to go through the canyon twice! Second time with minimal gear, and extra rope!

Enjoy the video :D

TR with pics can be found HERE
  2. Rapterman

Rapterman

Great video, Blake!
    Thanks for posting it!
    Blake Merrell likes this.
  3. Kuenn

Kuenn

A two-fer - sweet.

So that's how you keep your shirt dry! 8.7 on the dive...too much splash. :woot:

Always wanted to do a Midnight in Morocco run - full moon trip. Made a half-hearted attempt a couple of years ago, but couldn't figure out the approach in the dark.
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
  4. Blake Merrell

Blake Merrell Lovin' Utah's Backcountry

Wha?!?! I thought we were going for biggest splash...:tongue:, afterall, it was a bellyflop! :happy:

I can see that approach being a bit tricky in the dark. would be super fun to do at night though!
    Kuenn likes this.