Send us a suggestion!

More beta for you-Bluejohn, Pine, and Poncho Canyons

Discussion in 'Archives - Yahoo Canyons Group' started by scott patterson, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Tom Jones

Tom Jones Guest

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, scott patterson <kesscokim@...> wrote:
    On a lighter note from the group, here is some more beta for ya'll:
    Bluejohn Canyon:
    http://www.summitpost.org/canyon/301176/Bluejohn-Canyon.html
    > Enjoy it. Or mock it. Don't care.
    Anyway, if there are any errors or missing info, feel free to > point it out. >

Nice write up, Scott, and GREAT pictures.

Couple of small points:

- You do a good job of describing the system and all it's forks. You might want to make some suggestions about what combinations people will like.

- There can be a long, cold pool after the rap in the East Fork. We did it when it was super hot out, and the pool was very, very long (as in 200 feet+) and we got cold to the point of turning blue.

- I'm not fond of pictures showing people doing technical canyoneering without helmets on, thus I must complain about this, though of course, the pictures are really good (otherwise).

Tom
  2. ***You do a good job of describing the system and all it's forks. You might want to make some suggestions about what combinations people will like***

I'll add that in.

****- There can be a long, cold pool after the rap in the East Fork. We did it when it was super hot out, and the pool was very, very long (as in 200 feet+) and we got cold to the point of turning blue****

Thanks for the info. Every time I've been to Bluejohn it's been pretty dry. I've heard that Lower Bluejohn can be filled with water too, so I'll add that in.

****- I'm not fond of pictures showing people doing technical canyoneering without helmets on, thus I must complain about this, though of course, the pictures are really good (otherwise).****

Point taken and thanks for reminding me to add helmets in the "gear required" sections on the route desciptions.

I guess I should be chastised for not taking ours down Pine. 111 degrees outside so we ditched them. Shame on me.

Everyone had one in Poncho except Mike K.

Bluejohn? Photos (mostly taken by Mark McCray, so he should get the credit) are five years old and we didn't think about it as much back then, but good idea.

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for today's economy) at Games.