Send us a suggestion!

Monkeyface - Stuck Rope and Trip Report

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ropeslinger, Feb 12, 2016.

1. ropeslinger

ropeslinger

Had a blast in Monkeyface today except we stuck a rope on the sixth rappel. If you find the rope, I'd sincerely appreciate getting it back (the rope has high sentimental value to me). I will pay for postage. Thanks.
  2. ropeslinger

ropeslinger

And just to add a brief trip report, flow was slightly less than moderate, anchors were in good condition with the exception of rap six/seven which was anchored around a rock with the webbing submerged. We replaced the webbing and lengthened it, allowing for a better start. Water was cold but not frigid. Majority of us used wetsuits in the 3/4/5 range while one person used a dry suit. Weather was great, had plenty of sun. Probably one of the best times of the season to run the canyon.

Great day, just need the rope back...
  3. Taylor

Taylor

You could go back and get it...
  4. ropeslinger

ropeslinger

As much as I wanted to run the canyon again, the group's schedule didn't allow for it. I'm hoping the karma gods help me out on this one...
  5. Tirrus

Tirrus Rope rider.

Just finished Monkeyface. No rope at the rappel you mentioned, although we saw how one could stick a rope there, and took precautions against it. Hopefully whoever ended up with it lets you know. Otherwise they got some nice canyon booty.

As for the canyon, now is the time! Great flow, chilly,but manageable, and an absolute blast.
    Rapterman, ratagonia and Mountaineer like this.
  6. ropeslinger

ropeslinger

We did indeed get the rope back and we're very grateful to the group who retrieved it. Thank you for following up on the post.

I agree, the canyon is in near perfect condition right now.
    Rapterman likes this.
  7. Tirrus

Tirrus Rope rider.

Here are a couple photos from the day.
    image. Stopped on a firemans for a second. image. image.
    AW~ and Rapterman like this.