Send us a suggestion!

News Moderation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Iceaxe, May 2, 2018.

1. Iceaxe

Iceaxe

HEAVY MODERATION!!

So why are my comments being deleted? There was nothing in my comment that was not accurate or factual. What a bunch of crap... Thanks for reminding me why I seldom visit or post here.
    John Diener likes this.
  2. Bill

Bill ... Staff Member

I removed the post after it was reported twice this morning. This was the 4th post (aside from spam) that has ever been moderated in the history of this site. You can spin this however you like but all further discussion will need to be offline. If you'd prefer to take your toys to your own empty sandbox feel free to do so. We're not babysitters here and never will be.
  3. gajslk

gajslk

It may have been factual, but it was also insulting. At least that's how I read it. If it helps, my comment was also moderated out, but I was trying for funny. Probably someone thought it was sexist, although the word "babe" can be applied to both sexes with the same meaning. I'm over it.
  4. John Diener

John Diener

I can see why moderation occurred, but I'd like if when it happens there is a post noting that it was done and a brief explanation (can be very brief). Just don't like when things are black-holed out of existence.
    -john
  5. Bill

Bill ... Staff Member

I removed that as well. Not due to the content but it's relationship to the previous post. No harm, no foul.
    I would like to point out that this was the 5th moderated post out of thousands in our "heavily moderated" forum.

I will try to be more aware of this in the future. Fortunately, this only happens once or twice a year and now that our usual suspect has decided to leave CC for 5 years (based on the link I was just provided) it may be while before this sort of thing occurs again.

The users of CC are 100% responsible for the content we all see here. There is no secret club or handshake.
  6. yetigonecrazy1

yetigonecrazy1 yeti in the jungle

Its interesting to see the different reactions on here vs Bogley. Here, this post has 4 comments. And for the most part I think has by and large been forgotten by most people here. However, over on Bogley there is a thread going 20+ comments long that is basically turning into a chest thumping exercise on the topic of "us vs them". The difference in group reaction to this is pretty startling. For me, personally, that is just another reminder of why I choose to make CC my canyoning community of choice.....
    EvergreenDean and Bill like this.
  7. Kuenn

Kuenn

Bill said, “This was the 4th post that has ever been moderated in the history of this site.”

Hey @Iceaxe , welcome to the club! I’m pretty sure I own one of those 4 moderator edits/censures....pretty elite group, eh?

They who preside decide. No worries.

Brings to mind a favorite Monty Python scene.

8. gajslk

gajslk

Now that's hard to imagine. LOL
    Rapterman, yetigonecrazy1 and Bill like this.
  9. Rapterman

Rapterman

BUT I paid for an ARGUMENT

and this is merely a disagreement
    :D
    Bill and ratagonia like this.
  10. hank moon

hank moon lovely ligatures

No you didn't...
    Yellow Dart and Rapterman like this.
  11. gajslk

gajslk