Send us a suggestion!

Map Software for Morons?

Discussion in 'Archives - Yahoo Canyons Group' started by davewyo1, Dec 18, 2005.

1. davewyo1

davewyo1 Guest

Note;Please excuss all lapses in correct lingo(and run-on sentences)in the following: I was just organisin' my maps. I LOVE maps. Is there a SIMPLE way to get all the Utah 7.5 minute maps which a buffoon could use to print maps on 8.5"x11"piece of paper? I know this may seem overly naive to those of you who are computer savy.Please humor me...(humbly)thanks...D
  2. tom

tom Guest

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "davewyo1" <davewyo@h...> wrote:
    Is there a SIMPLE way to get all the Utah 7.5 minute maps which a > buffoon could use to print maps on 8.5"x11"piece of paper?

All usgs topo's in .jpg format:

http://nrwrt1.nr.state.ut.us/cgi-bin/quadview.exe

Also includes aerial photos in .tif format. Files are LARGE, broadband recommended.

If you require gps, want to record tracks and trips you've done, want easy overlaying of topo and aerial photos, etc. Try www.topofusion.com. Topofusion pulls the data down from Terraserver, so it requires an active connection to see the maps, but the demo is free and to purchase it is 35$ or so.

-t-
  3. davewyo1

davewyo1 Guest

Thanks for the info.

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "tom" <tj_wetherell@y...> wrote:
    --- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "davewyo1" <davewyo@h...> wrote:

Is there a SIMPLE way to get all the Utah 7.5 minute maps which a
    buffoon could use to print maps on 8.5"x11"piece of paper?
    All usgs topo's in .jpg format:
    http://nrwrt1.nr.state.ut.us/cgi-bin/quadview.exe
    > Also includes aerial photos in .tif format. > Files are LARGE, broadband recommended.
    If you require gps, want to record tracks and trips you've done, want > easy overlaying of topo and aerial photos, etc. Try www.topofusion.com. > Topofusion pulls the data down from Terraserver, so it requires an > active connection to see the maps, but the demo is free and to > purchase it is 35$ or so.
    -t- >